$title

Forum Archives

Here you can search the thousands of posts from our older message boards. Just click on the link for the time period you wish to search and you will be taken to the fill-out form for that volume. You can also click on the 'Return to Index' link and display all the messages in threaded form.

View Thread View Post Thread for This Board Read Prev Msg Read Next Msg

The Blood Type Diet Archives Volume 8

Try this....

Posted By: Aimee F.
Date: Tuesday, 2 February 1999, at 7:33 a.m.

In Response To: for me there's only exercise (Chris(O))

I have had a similar problem. My hands and feet and nose are always cold. My naturopath suggested this, and it seems to be working. When you take your showers, start with hot water. Then after you're good and warm (here's the fun part) turn the water to cold for about thirty seconds. Then go back to warm. Do that two or three times, and finish your shower with cold. This opens your pores to the warmth, and then closes them and pushes the warmth down inside you and stokes the fires within. By the third time, the cold water doesn't feel so bad. You definately don't want to finish with hot water! That leaves your pores open and allows all that great heat that you just soaked in to escape.
Another thing to consider is that you have a slight thyroid issue. Since you're all type O's (like me) you might think about supplementing with bladderwrack and try to eat lots of iodine-rich foods. To check, try taking your basal body temperature for 5 days running, and if it's low (below 97.4 or so) you should talk to a health care practitioner of your choice. Don't do this test on or around your period. Since I've been doing the shower thing and the bladderwrack supplementation, I've noticed some improvement, but still my toes are cold. It's only been a week, tho'. And of course, my tootsies are always toasty after exercise of any sort! Good luck!

Messages in This Thread

View Thread View Post Thread for This Board Read Prev Msg Read Next Msg

Password:

GenoType Diet Website   ♦   Dr. D'Adamo's Clinic   ♦   Institute for Human Individuality   ♦   Newsletter   ♦   Para Su Tipo de Sangre   ♦   Professionals   ♦  The Individualist

The statements made on our websites have not been evaluated by the FDA (U.S. Food & Drug Administration).
Our products and services are not intended to diagnose, cure or prevent any disease. If a condition persists, please contact your physician.
Copyright © 2010, North American Pharmacal, Inc. All Rights Reserved