$title

Forum Archives

Here you can search the thousands of posts from our older message boards. Just click on the link for the time period you wish to search and you will be taken to the fill-out form for that volume. You can also click on the 'Return to Index' link and display all the messages in threaded form.

View Thread View Post Thread for This Board Read Prev Msg Read Next Msg

The Blood Type Diet Archives Volume 8

Re: Some thoughts on weight and health

Posted By: Kathy K
Date: Monday, 1 February 1999, at 7:53 a.m.

In Response To: Re: Some thoughts on weight and health (Gail Orner)

At 5'6" and 240 pounds, I don't think anyone could call me anorexic. Even if I lose the 50-60 pounds I think I should, I don't think anyone would call me anorexic. After following ERFYT for almost two years quite diligently, I don't think anyone can say I'm not doing the program. I'm very pleased with what it has done for my overall health, and I very much agree with you about de-emphasizing counting every gram and obsessing about weight and size all the time. The fact is, I gave that up (at least the dieting part) a long time before I ever found ERFYT. My weight and size had remained stable for several years. They still do after two years on the program. It was only after reading Karla's posts first about her gums, then about gluten, and finally about carbs in general that I realized that I was one of those very carb-sensitive indidivuals. No matter how many Avoids I avoid, if I eat what was my fill of grains and fruits and keep fat intake low, then the inescapable fact is I cannot control sugar cravings or more starch intake.

However, having now done that (reduced carbs considerably and added some fat back in), I find that I am no longer at the mercy of my cravings. I'd still like the weight and the extra fat to come off, and I think it will now, and I'm not willing to leave ERFYT to accomplish it. But if there hadn't been these "extraneous" discussions, sometimes involving weight loss, I'd never have learned what I think is critical for my body. And I don't think I'm done (learning). This BB seems to attract some very intelligent and self-aware people whose base is ERFYT but who may have also refined that program for greater individuality, and I'd hate to see them not be able to share their greater picture. I think there are lots of minority groups of us out here, and this BB has been one of the most valuable resources I've ever come across.

Messages in This Thread

View Thread View Post Thread for This Board Read Prev Msg Read Next Msg

Password:

GenoType Diet Website   ♦   Dr. D'Adamo's Clinic   ♦   Institute for Human Individuality   ♦   Newsletter   ♦   Para Su Tipo de Sangre   ♦   Professionals   ♦  The Individualist

The statements made on our websites have not been evaluated by the FDA (U.S. Food & Drug Administration).
Our products and services are not intended to diagnose, cure or prevent any disease. If a condition persists, please contact your physician.
Copyright © 2010, North American Pharmacal, Inc. All Rights Reserved