$title

Forum Archives

Here you can search the thousands of posts from our older message boards. Just click on the link for the time period you wish to search and you will be taken to the fill-out form for that volume. You can also click on the 'Return to Index' link and display all the messages in threaded form.

View Thread View Post Thread for This Board Read Prev Msg Read Next Msg

The Blood Type Diet Archives Volume 8

Re: Some thoughts on weight and health

Posted By: sc(O)
Date: Monday, 1 February 1999, at 6:51 a.m.

In Response To: Re: Some thoughts on weight and health (Jeri)

Thank you, Jeri. I made a passing response to Karla, in the "Actually, It's Not Much of a Discussion" thread, about this, but what you have said expresses what I was trying to get at far more gracefully and comprehensively. I'm a dancer, and during the period when I couldn't walk around the block without getting breathless I was frustrated and confused. I kept walking, and I kept dancing, too (even though I had to lug around 40 or so extra pounds to do it, and the breath constriction was a misery - I literally felt as though my lungs couldn't work, couldn't move properly because they were blocked by fat). But I was frightened: If eating less (and highly nutritious foods) and exercising more had no effect on the extra weight I was carrying, WHAT was wrong with me? I was seriously worried that I was headed for diabetes. I was (and am) euphoric to have found something to turn around the degenerative health spiral I felt myself to be on, most noticeably, in objective terms, in the excess weight I was carrying. I have long, slender arms and legs, and the weird look of all that weight concentrated in my torso, was just all wrong for me (not to mention all I had read about the health costs of excess weight carried above the waist - where maybe 95% of mine goes). When I started to cut out Avoids and worked to build up my wind so I could tolerate progressively longer and more frequent exercise, I was overjoyed to get the IMMEDIATE feedback of less breathlessness, more energy and enthusiasm (enthusiasm is my middle name, so running low on that is BAD!), and no more mental/physical exhaustion! Right on the heels of those benefits, my waist measurement dropped precipitously; and later my weight started melting off. But it's been a long process, and I have had great patience with myself, not just over the weight/measurement plateaus, but also over the energy plateaus. Sometimes I can't exercise, sometimes I need more rest than usual; sometimes I can't eat Highly Beneficially, sometimes I need a little more (careful) Neutral filler, than other times. Karla's post is all about loving and respecting ourselves, wherever we are in our process, and that's what I've tried to do, to use Peter's work to help me to listen even more closely to the messages my body gives me about what I need.

Messages in This Thread

View Thread View Post Thread for This Board Read Prev Msg Read Next Msg

Password:

GenoType Diet Website   ♦   Dr. D'Adamo's Clinic   ♦   Institute for Human Individuality   ♦   Newsletter   ♦   Para Su Tipo de Sangre   ♦   Professionals   ♦  The Individualist

The statements made on our websites have not been evaluated by the FDA (U.S. Food & Drug Administration).
Our products and services are not intended to diagnose, cure or prevent any disease. If a condition persists, please contact your physician.
Copyright © 2010, North American Pharmacal, Inc. All Rights Reserved