$title

Forum Archives

Here you can search the thousands of posts from our older message boards. Just click on the link for the time period you wish to search and you will be taken to the fill-out form for that volume. You can also click on the 'Return to Index' link and display all the messages in threaded form.

View Thread View Post Thread for This Board Read Prev Msg Read Next Msg

The Blood Type Diet Archives Volume 8

Re: Colonics - depends on their methods!!

Posted By: Sonia
Date: Sunday, 31 January 1999, at 12:47 p.m.

In Response To: Colonics - depends on their methods!! (Annie)

"How can you refute the gunk that comes out and much of the stale, empacted material that is far better out than in. "

Its not that its better in that out, it's that you're forcing it out before its ready. Think about this. If you force yourself to vomit, you'll see a lot of scary things. Does this mean you should vomit three times a week to keep your stomach "clean"? You're esophogus and tooth enamel won't be too happy if you do.

This is what is *supposed* to be in the colon: sludgy gunk from the small intestine in the ascending colon, less sludgy gunk in the transverse colon, and as the gunk travels nearer and nearer our exit, it has become more solid than liquid and then we expel it. When you use colonics you are forcing everything out before it has taken the form you are used to seeing when you have a normal trip to the bathroom.

If one's bowels are sluggish I think fiber works pretty well. Or even a home enema that rinses out the rectum for the adventurous. I just don't think that paying someone lots of money to use a machine to fill all six feet of our colon is necessary.

I can see why colonics would have an emotional effect. First, the anus is an errogenous zone and also a source of shame for some people. Second, purging oneself is quite an event and rife with symbolism. I can accept colonics as personal ritual and of course everyone's choice, but not standard hygene.

Best,

Sonia

PS to you astrological types: can you tell I was born with Pluto in the midheaven? :-D

Messages in This Thread

View Thread View Post Thread for This Board Read Prev Msg Read Next Msg

Password:

GenoType Diet Website   ♦   Dr. D'Adamo's Clinic   ♦   Institute for Human Individuality   ♦   Newsletter   ♦   Para Su Tipo de Sangre   ♦   Professionals   ♦  The Individualist

The statements made on our websites have not been evaluated by the FDA (U.S. Food & Drug Administration).
Our products and services are not intended to diagnose, cure or prevent any disease. If a condition persists, please contact your physician.
Copyright © 2010, North American Pharmacal, Inc. All Rights Reserved