$title

Forum Archives

Here you can search the thousands of posts from our older message boards. Just click on the link for the time period you wish to search and you will be taken to the fill-out form for that volume. You can also click on the 'Return to Index' link and display all the messages in threaded form.

View Thread View Post Thread for This Board Read Prev Msg Read Next Msg

The Blood Type Diet Archives Volume 8

Re: Some thoughts on weight and health

Posted By: Jeri
Date: Sunday, 31 January 1999, at 8:46 a.m.

In Response To: Some thoughts on weight and health (Karla (O so O-neg))

While I agree with the substance and intent of the post about good health vs. weight loss, I do want to add that for many of us, good health includes weight loss.

An indication of poor insulin regulation is weight gain, and weight gain can compromise other aspects of good health.

Let me put it this way, as an "O" and an avid martial artist in tae kwon do, I need to be lean in order to train without stress injury. Losing weight is a part of my overall good health plan because the O's optimal function is to be lean, physically strong, and able to engage in hard driving exercise several times a week.

I gain tremendous emotional benefit from my hard hitting, high jumping tae kwon do workouts. But every extra pound I carry not only slows me down, it stresses my joints. (We jump high and land in bare feet again and again on the dojo floor.)

The O responds well to being in ketosis and to eating several small, high protein meals per day. By watching calories and keeping fat high and carbs low, and never exceeding 2400 calories per day, I have gone from 195 lbs to 170 pounds in just under two years. (Bear in mind tat I am six feet tall and an avid weight lifter as well.) This weight loss has been part of my health goal because I need to keep up the hard driving exercise for my own emotional well being. My body fat count is now at about 17%, and I am thrilled.

As an O, I get great pleasure out of my hard work out sessions, and feeling the improved response time, better speed, and longer stamina (because of less stress on my heart and longs from the reduced weight) tells me that I am getting into the design parameters for a healthy O. My kicks are higher and my jumping better. I am now a third degree black belt. When I put on my uniform with the black collar, tie on my belt, and stand next to my colleagues as we bow in, I feel strong, powerful, beautiful, and optimistic.

Weight loss as a means to simply look good is porbably always going to be a frustrating pursuit. But losing weight in order to achieve fitness and stay mobile, healthy, and active is a good idea and is part of being healthy. Especially for an O, since we seem to need hard exercise.

--Jeri

Messages in This Thread

View Thread View Post Thread for This Board Read Prev Msg Read Next Msg

Password:

GenoType Diet Website   ♦   Dr. D'Adamo's Clinic   ♦   Institute for Human Individuality   ♦   Newsletter   ♦   Para Su Tipo de Sangre   ♦   Professionals   ♦  The Individualist

The statements made on our websites have not been evaluated by the FDA (U.S. Food & Drug Administration).
Our products and services are not intended to diagnose, cure or prevent any disease. If a condition persists, please contact your physician.
Copyright © 2010, North American Pharmacal, Inc. All Rights Reserved