$title

Forum Archives

Here you can search the thousands of posts from our older message boards. Just click on the link for the time period you wish to search and you will be taken to the fill-out form for that volume. You can also click on the 'Return to Index' link and display all the messages in threaded form.

View Thread View Post Thread for This Board Read Prev Msg Read Next Msg

The Blood Type Diet Archives Volume 8

Lipoic acid: Brain's best friend!!

Posted By: Stephen
Date: Tuesday, 26 January 1999, at 7:24 a.m.

I don't normally post single nutrient info as this is a blood type board. This is a little different I feel.

Lipoic acid is a powerful fat and water soluble antioxidant that, among many of its atributes protects the CNS (Centeral Nervous System, including the brain) from oxidative damage. Its an important antioxidant because there are not many antioxidants (apart from ginkgo, proanthocyanidins, Vit. E ect) which protect the CNS.

The reason I picked on Lipoic acid is because its found mainly in potatoes.....see the connection. Because potatoes react with A's (I get arthritis apon eating them!!!), A's can become deficient in Lipoic acid. I can just hear the Biochemists of the board saying that it is made in the body, so why worry?? I agree but its not made enough for optimum health.

Once again us Australians miss out because due to our wonderful laws, Lipoic acid is banned here!!

If you are interested about Lipoic acid I'll post whom ever an E-mail on it.

I take 200mg with food once daily as a preventitive dose, but I guess 100mg is enough. I take 200mg because of the sun here (its summer guys in Australia!!). Lipoic acid protects the eyes from degeneration also. Its great because it also helps metabolise carbs, which is also consumed in high amounts by A's. Also, it detoxes mercury (foung in the fishies eaten but A's).

Hope this helps, Stephen.

P.S Oh, it helps to prevent (not treat) Alzheimers thus its the brains best buddie!!

Messages in This Thread

View Thread View Post Thread for This Board Read Prev Msg Read Next Msg

Password:

GenoType Diet Website   ♦   Dr. D'Adamo's Clinic   ♦   Institute for Human Individuality   ♦   Newsletter   ♦   Para Su Tipo de Sangre   ♦   Professionals   ♦  The Individualist

The statements made on our websites have not been evaluated by the FDA (U.S. Food & Drug Administration).
Our products and services are not intended to diagnose, cure or prevent any disease. If a condition persists, please contact your physician.
Copyright © 2010, North American Pharmacal, Inc. All Rights Reserved