$title

Forum Archives

Here you can search the thousands of posts from our older message boards. Just click on the link for the time period you wish to search and you will be taken to the fill-out form for that volume. You can also click on the 'Return to Index' link and display all the messages in threaded form.

View Thread View Post Thread for This Board Read Prev Msg Read Next Msg

The Blood Type Diet Archives Volume 8

Re: Too skinny for this program

Posted By: Lois
Date: Sunday, 24 January 1999, at 8:53 a.m.

In Response To: Too skinny for this program (Rich Fletcher)

Rich,

How much fat are you eating? Many of us find that much more fat and a bit more protien keep us from disappearing off the face of the earth. Also, Dr. D recommends moving the following foods to the O HB list: bananas, rice, buckwheat, almonds, monkfish, smelt, tuna, guava, mango, bluberries. Since I'm still allergic/intolerant to half of that list, I eat dark meat organic poultry - skin and all and mop up any extra oil with the white meat - and fattier cuts of red meat. (But not all the time.) After a year and a half, I still have no trouble with body fat.

I have a personal, totally uneducated theory about this: Perhaps those of us O's whose ancestors moved north to follow herds in the areas of the the receding ice age ate more protien and fat. The animals in those climates - sea mammals, cold water fish, caribou/reindeer(?), bear, etc. - are much more fatty than say, the gazelles and wildebeast of the African plains. So maybe northern Europeans do better on high fat than their African cousins?

Just something I've mused about as I desperately try to gain 10 - 15 lbs. back. Check out the Paleolithic Diet Page. Some anthropological studies say we ate tons of fat and had no signs of any of the modern "fat diseases" (which are really "starch diseases.")

Lois

Messages in This Thread

View Thread View Post Thread for This Board Read Prev Msg Read Next Msg

Password:

GenoType Diet Website   ♦   Dr. D'Adamo's Clinic   ♦   Institute for Human Individuality   ♦   Newsletter   ♦   Para Su Tipo de Sangre   ♦   Professionals   ♦  The Individualist

The statements made on our websites have not been evaluated by the FDA (U.S. Food & Drug Administration).
Our products and services are not intended to diagnose, cure or prevent any disease. If a condition persists, please contact your physician.
Copyright © 2010, North American Pharmacal, Inc. All Rights Reserved