$title


Forum Archives

Here you can search the thousands of posts from our older message boards. Just click on the link for the time period you wish to search and you will be taken to the fill-out form for that volume. You can also click on the 'Return to Index' link and display all the messages in threaded form.




View Thread View Post Thread for This Board Read Prev Msg Read Next Msg

The Blood Type Diet Archives Volume 8




Re: You decide

Posted By: Elena
Date: Wednesday, 20 January 1999, at 9:43 a.m.

In Response To: You decide (Steve Shapiro)

Steve,

thanks for the link. Of all the items on the list of things sugar does in the body, the one most worthy of close attention is #19, which is not just another effect but the REASON people get addicted to sugar in the first place:

"19. Sugar raises the level of a neurotransmitter called serotonin, which can narrow blood vessels."

Extra serotonin raises the pain threshhold systemically (only 2% of all serotonin receptors are found in the brain, the remaining 98% are spread all over the body). In one study, mice were put on a hot plate, with an option to jump off when it gets too hot. The controls jumped off in 8 seconds. The serotonin-treated mice waited another 19 seconds before they felt any discomfort and jumped off -- by that time their paws were scorching. Mice fed a sugary meal behaved similarly to serotonin-treated mice.

Conclusion: sugar cravings are really painkiller craivings. Straightening up things in one's life that warrant sugaring over all the time in order to be bearable is the most physiological way to lose those cravings.

Elena B+


Messages in This Thread

View Thread View Post Thread for This Board Read Prev Msg Read Next Msg

Password:



GenoType Diet Website   ♦   Dr. D'Adamo's Clinic   ♦   Institute for Human Individuality   ♦   Newsletter   ♦   Para Su Tipo de Sangre   ♦   Professionals   ♦  The Individualist

The statements made on our websites have not been evaluated by the FDA (U.S. Food & Drug Administration).
Our products and services are not intended to diagnose, cure or prevent any disease. If a condition persists, please contact your physician.
Copyright © 2010, North American Pharmacal, Inc. All Rights Reserved