$title

Forum Archives

Here you can search the thousands of posts from our older message boards. Just click on the link for the time period you wish to search and you will be taken to the fill-out form for that volume. You can also click on the 'Return to Index' link and display all the messages in threaded form.

View Thread View Post Thread for This Board Read Prev Msg Read Next Msg

The Blood Type Diet Archives Volume 8

Re: Thanks ALGe

Posted By: Dorothy W.
Date: Tuesday, 19 January 1999, at 4:55 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Still Successful (Al Gearing)

Thanks for your response. I think the wheat thing really is crucial. THere are plenty of alternatives. I eat Ezekiel 4:9 bread (sprouted wheat grains are OK), and I use oatmeal flour and rolled oats to make delicious oat meal and raisin cookies. I use brown sugar and molasses (not blackstrap) for sweetening (they are "A" OK's). I also add carob chips or dark chocolate chips to them sometimes. ALso WASA bread & rye crisp are safe. THey toast well with mozarella on them.

I use fresh lemon in my water as much as possible, eat artichokes as often as I can buy them (boil fresh ones), eat tofu stir-fried with broccoli, carrots, garlic, etc. I've found so much I can eat from the lists that I really have no sense of deprivation at all. I avoid high fructose syrup and guar gum in foods, too. I really have been trying to be careful and read labels, etc.

Also drinking green tea has helped me. THe Dr. said that if you've been eating wheat and corn for a long time that your insulin receptors may be paralyzed on your fat cells, meaning they can't release fat for burning as much. Gradually by removing the wheat and corn your body will replace the receptors so that the fat cells (which are not replaced) can release the fat more easily. Makes sense to me. Before I got started on this I could barely lose even when I low-caloried or fasted it! I think that had something to do with chemistry, etc. NOw that my body is getting cleaned up, I think it is becoming easier for it to get right concerning my health and my weight.

Messages in This Thread

View Thread View Post Thread for This Board Read Prev Msg Read Next Msg

Password:

GenoType Diet Website   ♦   Dr. D'Adamo's Clinic   ♦   Institute for Human Individuality   ♦   Newsletter   ♦   Para Su Tipo de Sangre   ♦   Professionals   ♦  The Individualist

The statements made on our websites have not been evaluated by the FDA (U.S. Food & Drug Administration).
Our products and services are not intended to diagnose, cure or prevent any disease. If a condition persists, please contact your physician.
Copyright © 2010, North American Pharmacal, Inc. All Rights Reserved