$title

Forum Archives

Here you can search the thousands of posts from our older message boards. Just click on the link for the time period you wish to search and you will be taken to the fill-out form for that volume. You can also click on the 'Return to Index' link and display all the messages in threaded form.

View Thread View Post Thread for This Board Read Prev Msg Read Next Msg

The Blood Type Diet Archives Volume 8

Re: vegeterian type Os - My story and thoughts

Posted By: Bonnie
Date: Tuesday, 19 January 1999, at 3:56 p.m.

I have found that spelt flour (you can get both white and whole) can be substituted for all-purpose flour in anything I make, and does not bother my type O husband. I have also had no problem substituting soy milk for milk in baking. Butter is a neutral for O's also, but it's an avoid for me (AB), so I use a substitute that has no trans-fatty acids or hydrogenated oils if I need a solid fat. (Email me if you want the name). Most of the time, I substitute olive oil (extra-light for baking sweet stuff), or grapeseed oil. With spelt, you just have to use less liquid (about 3/4 of the amount you'd use for all-purpose flour), but use the same number of eggs. I don't even use all-purpose flour any more, and my husband says things taste better. It seems that spelt doesn't interfere with other flavors (chocolate, lemon, vanilla) the way regular wheat flour does. (Anybody else find this to be the case?) So, perhaps you could bake a carrot cake substituting for the avoids, and.... oops, I was going to say "have your cake and ..." - oh, never mind.

Also someone on this board posted a recipe for almond cookies, and brownies, using no flour. Haven't tried them yet, but I intend to. They sound outrageously good!

While I'm at it, thanks to all the knowledgeable people on this board - you have been more help than you know!

Messages in This Thread

• Re: vegeterian type Os - My story and thoughts
    Bonnie -- Tuesday, 19 January 1999, at 3:56 p.m.

View Thread View Post Thread for This Board Read Prev Msg Read Next Msg

Password:

GenoType Diet Website   ♦   Dr. D'Adamo's Clinic   ♦   Institute for Human Individuality   ♦   Newsletter   ♦   Para Su Tipo de Sangre   ♦   Professionals   ♦  The Individualist

The statements made on our websites have not been evaluated by the FDA (U.S. Food & Drug Administration).
Our products and services are not intended to diagnose, cure or prevent any disease. If a condition persists, please contact your physician.
Copyright © 2010, North American Pharmacal, Inc. All Rights Reserved