I think I touched on the slight mould issues with the lining of our curtains in a previous thread??
We also have a large spot on our carpet where a pot plant leaked, which is still waiting to be dealt with... Dampish smell is noticeable if we have been out all day or away...but no actual breathing issues here....
Also, I think it has only recently started happening, but I have been sneezing in the early evening, quite a few times, each time I come up to the study to "work"...
After being back a week, I noticed my skin started to break out again & from that site you posted, I see all the things I had reintroduced (after getting more confident - or was that cocky/blase - since it was pretty good while away) are all the foods with potential for mould ::) :o Cheese, millet, bananas, even some rice syrup & a protein cookie with almond meal...(wonder also about tahini??) *sigh* No wonder my stomach was making different noises :-/ ??) Back to the drawing board... ::) Oh & I see there is a great link for curtain demoulding product - that's another thing; our curtain lining needs cleaning :B
Clean it... As much as possible so that you can live... You really need to have somewhere you can go that isn't constantly making you worse or you'll never get better.Question is: re cleaning the mould off windowsills, do I wait till I am better or make myself worse cleaning right now? I can't do much about the curtains or the carpet as they are a major undertaking >:(
That is happening to me right now. :'(Quoted from WholefoodieHi Possum,
Last year I was working in a very moldy environment. I got sick after 3 days and it just kept morphing into different symptoms; a cold, then into my chest, cough, nose, etc. I finally dragged myself to the doctor at the insistence of my boss and it was immediately diagnosed as mold. I could smell it at the workplace! I had to leave. The building was too big to get away from it and I wasn't confined to just one area where I could try to purify the air. My workplace was killing me!
Quoted TextRe: Toenail Problem - not fungal
Jan 14, 2007
True nail fungus will cause the nail to become detached from the nail bed, the nail plate will thicken, turn a yellowish color and there will be apparent debris in the area of separation. You are right to keep it trimmed back - it is much easier to treat that way.
When the doctors do a scraping and send it to the lab to be grown into a culture, they send it in Thymol solution. The thymol tends to kill the spores, so by the time the lab grows a culture, the results will be negative. You have described a fungus infection in your post, so there are probably fungal spores under and in the nail plate. Keep using whatever seems to be working for you. Apply twice daily and keep the nail clean and dry. After showering, put a drop of alcohol under the nail and let it absorb any excess oisture and evaporate. Then apply your treatment of choice.
Since toenails grow at a much slower rate than fingernails, it can take up to a full year for the nail plate to completely replace itself with a new normal nail plate that is firmly attached. Do not forcfully 'dig' under the nail as this can pull up good tight nail plate and leave the toe sore as well as give the fungal spores a new avenue of attack.
Yes, the separated portion of nail plate will tend to curl into the skin, so you might want to keep it from doing so by pushing a tiny bit of cotton into and slightly under the nail plate to keep it from pushing into the skin. You can do this with a wooden toothpick.http://www.healthboards.com/boards/showthread.php?p=2743309&highlight=toenails+curl#2743309
Oooh :o I didn't know St John's wort is part of the ragweed family ??)I am allergic to everything in that family & then some... I have always known it was not good for O's though ;)Quoted from SymbiHi Possum! I got severe asthma and allergic rhinitis when I tried St John's Wort (must be allergic to ragweed which it is a relative of too). All of those things affect the liver detoxification pathways, so I wonder if it's to do with the liver not being able to detox the toxins released by, you guessed it - I'll say it again, mould toxins! (Mould has become a swear word in our house since it bothers me so much that I want to move which we can't afford, we have a room covered in it from top to toe after winter every year. Found out that mould is worse in winter because of condensation. It's cold outside and warm inside makes condensation form on the walls feeding mould.)
Quoted from http://www.bt.cdc.gov/disasters/mold/protect.aspTo remove mold growth from hard surfaces use commercial products, soap and water, or a bleach solution of no more than 1 cup of bleach in 1 gallon of water.
Quoted from yaeliA propos oil of cloves,essential oil of cloves may also be carefully taken internally, in the right dilution. Last Wednesday I began a two-weeks treatment against gut parasytes given me by a Naturalist health caretaker, made according to Dr. Hulda Clark's formula, and it has a strong smell of cloves.
Thanks ABJoe!! Aaah the good old hydrogen peroxide!!?? ;) Do you think it would get mould off the offwhite curtain linings?
Cloves are neutrals in my Swami.It is definitely either an Explorer or Gatherer avoid
Thanks Goldie ;D You haven't seen the size of my microwave compared to my curtains then :D Mine is a large one but with 13' ceilings & 3 "french doors" that is a tall ask for any microwave ::)Quoted from GoldieI put my dish sponges after washing them in the washmachine and drying them -in the MICROWAVE for 40-50 seconds to sterilze them.. they don't smell moldy.. might be worth the try for the curtains.. test to make sure they don't melt.. maybe do several times for 20 seconds.. they should not touch the walls as they can burn a stain if left to long.. folding them and refolding might work better...
Aww so sorry you are going through so much...especially having to wear a mask on just to enjoy the cozy fireside ::) Must make romantic evenings by the fire difficult :-/ ??) :(Quoted from cajunPossum,
I know exactly what you mean about the food v. the environment. As you said, we eat well but cannot always control our total environment.
I am going through this presently. My severe sinus issues are the only health problem I have. Any others were taken care of long ago just by following the teacher diet.
FYI...a simple painters/doctors mask is my required "attire" for house cleaning and gardening these days. My husband loves to build us cozy fires now that our weather is colder but I need to wear the mask just to sit and enjoy them.
Its interesting you mentioned being better in our drier climate. I live on the high desert of SoCal, which is the driest area of our state, and have these problems. Also interesting, when I travel to Europe, I am almost free of my sinus problems.
Maybe you and I just need to keep traveling!!! ;) :D ;D Good idea, no? :)