Print Topic - Archive

BTD Forums  /  Live Right 4 Your Type  /  Rhesus Negative & Heterozygous for A
Posted by: 5014 (Guest), Saturday, March 14, 2009, 2:02am
I am new to this forum, but I joined because I am hoping someone else might have some info. My husband, son, and I are all Type A's. My hubby seems to fit a classic Type A from what I have read. I, however, don't seem to fit very well.

I am A-. I have adrenal fatigue (in the past, I also had serious hypoglycemia) and tend to feel better eating more meats and fats (like a Type O), but not dairy, and tested sensitive in the past to wheat, corn, and oats, like O's. In the past, I also tested highly sensitive to buckwheat and also sensitive to soy, which sounds like a Type B (as quite a few B's seem to not digest soy well from what I have read elsewhere).

Currently, I feel better eating beef, but my A+ husband doesn't seem to digest it as well as he does chicken or fish (like a classic type A), although I can eat these too. I guess I feel best with meat, fats, and vegetables. During times when I have wanted to lose weight, however, I do lose more weight if I avoid red meat and eat only chicken and fish, so I don't know if this means that red meat is not as good for me or not.

I think my Mom is Type A, and my Dad, who is now deceased, may have been Type B (from what my Mom remembers), so I am assuming that I am AO (heterozygous for A). In highschool, I remember doing a test in Biology lab, and thought I tested as an AB, but maybe I messed up the test? I was really surprised though when I tested as A- with a lab test 5 years ago. I have read that a few people insist their blood type has changed without apparently having a bone marrow transplant. I have NO idea if that is legit or even possible or if my own blood type has changed, I am just a little unsure about what is best for me to eat!

Is there any information that suggests that those who are heterozygous for A can eat any differently than those who are homozygous for A? Also, is there any information that suggests a person who is Rh- can eat any differently than someone who is Rh+? My husband is A+, and I am A-, and we are definitely different it seems in what works best for us. I don't know if there are differences for males or females or not.

If anyone has any input, I would be grateful because I don't seem to fit into any of the blood type "boxes." Thank you in advance! Rebecca
Posted by: C_Sharp, Saturday, March 14, 2009, 2:39am; Reply: 1
Welcome Rebecca;

Neither Rhesus factor or heterozygous /homozygous change the diet diet substantially, but secretor status does!

To find out more about this look at the last lesson of the tutorial;
last lesson explains secretor versus non secretor issue

Information on getting a secretor test done;
Posted by: C_Sharp, Saturday, March 14, 2009, 2:43am; Reply: 2
Hi Rebecca:

You may want to add a blood type shield or avatar to your member profile so that other member can quickly see what your blood type is.

Here are some notes on how to add the avatar:
Posted by: Lola, Saturday, March 14, 2009, 4:18am; Reply: 3
first make sure which BT you are.....
you might also be either an A2 or an A2B, and thus the fact about doing well on certain types of meat.

Serotype Panel."
gives you secretor status as well as subtype A1 or A2 and rh factor
as well as your  MN system

and in LR4YT on page 356 and the Encyclopedia
on page 43.
-LIVE RIGHT pages 356-357
Posted by: 5014 (Guest), Saturday, March 14, 2009, 2:59pm; Reply: 4
OK, there's a lot I obviously don't know about! I will look into the info you posted and hope to post more later. Thank you so much!  
Posted by: 5014 (Guest), Saturday, March 14, 2009, 5:26pm; Reply: 5
OK, I would like to get a Serotype Panel done for both me and my husband, but the only link I saw shows the test for secretor or non-secretor status here:  

What would I need to do to get the entire panel done?

Also, my husband had a genotype done a few years ago at my request before we were married because I wanted to see if there was a chance that we would have any Rh- babies since he is A+ and I am A-. After looking at it, my doc told me that he thought there was a 50/50 chance we would have a Rh- or Rh+ baby. (Our first and only child is A+.) I am fascinated with all of this stuff, but I am fairly ignorant as well.

Regardless of all of that, I am wondering if the other information on my husband's lab report would provide any additional input on how he should be eating. If so, is there a place where I could/should post the info on this forum? Should I start another thread?

My hubby and I have been dealing with serious health issues, and so I really want to know exactly what is best for us as far as diet is concerned. I am not sure exactly where to post everything.  Thank you in advance for helping this ignorant newbie!
Posted by: Amazone I., Saturday, March 14, 2009, 6:39pm; Reply: 6
I have some A Rh - which are reacting negatively onto soy products, But I also have AB people (me too:D ) which aren't reacting well with soy products...but what is nearly all in common here is our secretor status...+ -  all are nonnies....without any good reactions on soy products.... :X.... missi Lola is right usual :D :K) (clap)(smarty)(ok)(dance).......

would repeat your bt in a form of crossblood donation incl. lewis blood you can be be sure...of being sure..that you are sure that you might be....... this bt...;)...
Posted by: 5014 (Guest), Saturday, March 14, 2009, 6:45pm; Reply: 7
LOL, thanks for the info!

I want to get the tests, but I am unsure of where I should go to get them. My doc? A walk-in lab? Any recommendations? I have ordered a home blood type test kit to try just to confirm my ABO grouping. I took one of those several years ago, and it agreed with the blood test I had taken with a hospital lab shortly thereafter. As far as a crossblood donation (?) including Lewis blood test, where would I need to go to get that done?

Please forgive my ignorance!!! I feel so clueless.
Posted by: C_Sharp, Saturday, March 14, 2009, 6:46pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from 5014
OK, I would like to get a Serotype Panel done for both me and my husband, but the only link I saw shows the test for secretor or non-secretor status here:  

What would I need to do to get the entire panel done?

One place to get the Serotype panel done is Southwest Naturopathic Medical Clinic in Scottsdale, AZ.  480-970-0000

You do not have to actually go there. You just need a nurse to draw a small  vial of
blood to send to them.

Request a "Serotype panel"
This will confirm your
Blood Type
Rh factor

Tell you Lewis group (determines secretor status)

It will also tell your subtype A1 or A2  
as well as MM, NN, or  MN

Posted by: 5014 (Guest), Saturday, March 14, 2009, 8:12pm; Reply: 9
^^^^^Thanks so much!!!
Print page generated: Tuesday, March 20, 2018, 1:52am