Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register


Main Forum Page  ♦   Latest Posts  ♦   Member Center  ♦   Search  ♦   Archives   ♦   Help   ♦   Log In/Out   ♦   Admins
Forum Login
Login Name: Create a new account
Password:     Forgot password

BTD Forums    Diet and Nutrition    The GenoType Diet  ›  mold on fruit bad for teacher?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 7 Guests

mold on fruit bad for teacher?  This thread currently has 353 views. Print Print Thread
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Anji
Friday, August 23, 2013, 8:16pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

GT3teacher
Winter: Hidden potential.
Posts: 7
Location: California
Age: 35
I understand that teachers are sensitive to toxins and bacteria. I bought some organic figs today that where partly moldy. I cut the moldy parts off but the rest might have touched other moldy fruits. The figs were sweet and delicious. Do I as a teacher need to be careful and avoid any sort of mold. Should I have tossed them?
Logged Offline
Private Message Private message
Chloe
Friday, August 23, 2013, 8:39pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

42% Teacher Rh+ N1, N1b
Kyosha Nim
Posts: 8,598
Gender: Female
Location: Northeast USA
Age: 71
Quoted from Anji
I understand that teachers are sensitive to toxins and bacteria. I bought some organic figs today that where partly moldy. I cut the moldy parts off but the rest might have touched other moldy fruits. The figs were sweet and delicious. Do I as a teacher need to be careful and avoid any sort of mold. Should I have tossed them?


If these were dried figs and if you saw white crystallization on them, that would be sugars. And
not to worry. What you'd want to be watching out for is black mold on fresh produce.  I think I
might have taken this fruit back to the store for a refund rather than eat any of it....although if
you're feeling fine and don't have mold allergies, I'm thinking you don't need to worry that
you did major harm to yourself.

In the future, if I were you, I'd carefully examine fresh fruits and vegetables prior to purchase as I don't think
it's healthy for anyone to be consuming decaying foods.. I often find strawberries and raspberries get little black spots and I clearly wouldn't eat that fruit.


"The happiest people don't have the best of everything.....they know how to make the best of everything!"
Logged
Private Message Private message Reply: 1 - 2
C_Sharp
Friday, August 23, 2013, 8:43pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Teacher Rh+ Lewis: a+b-, NN,Taster
Sa Bon Nim
Administrator
Posts: 8,320
Gender: Male
Location: Indiana
Age: 53
If these are dried figs what may appear as mold may be crystallized sugar and should not be a problem.

On fresh:

Perhaps it would be best to throw the whole thing out, but I hat wasting food. So I do not do that.

As you did I cut out section of fruit that appear moldy.

For the remaining fruit, I soak the rest in a solution with grapefruit seed extract that should kill the mold.  

But this does not remove toxins from the fruit that have already been released by mold that is there but you do not see.


MIfHI                            I follow a SWAMI diet.
Logged
Private Message Private message Reply: 2 - 2
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print Print Thread

BTD Forums    Diet and Nutrition    The GenoType Diet  ›  mold on fruit bad for teacher?

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread