Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register


Main Forum Page  ♦   Latest Posts  ♦   Member Center  ♦   Search  ♦   Archives   ♦   Help   ♦   Log In/Out   ♦   Admins
Forum Login
Login Name: Create a new account
Password:     Forgot password

BTD Forums    Diet and Nutrition    SWAMI Xpress  ›  UK Explorer - Cornish Hen
Users Browsing Forum
walk_the_walk and 8 Guests

UK Explorer - Cornish Hen  This thread currently has 1,065 views. Print Print Thread
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Nimmo
Monday, September 1, 2014, 9:49am Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Winter: Hidden potential.
Posts: 2
Gender: Female
Location: Hampshire, UK
Hi, This is my first post and I'm not sure if I'm in the right forum but am really happy to have found you guys and SWAMI.
At first I thought I was a 'Teacher' (A neg, secretor with longer ring fingers, upper body and thigh)but SWAMI has come up with 'Explorer', which I'm sure is right, so I'm really hoping this will get be me back to full health.
I'm in the process of putting together my shopping list and am struggling a bit with the translations from US to UK. For example is 'Cornish hen' a chicken that comes from Cornwall? I can't find any reference to 'Cornish hens' here so maybe they are something only found in the US? Also, is 'samphire' listed anywhere? (I love it).
Do you think it is important to get the other tests featured in the SWAMI, for example the A1,A2 test?
Kind regards
Logged Offline
Private Message Private message
Xuxuzinha
Monday, September 1, 2014, 11:43am Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Explorer
Autumn: Harvest, success.
Posts: 178
Gender: Female
Location: London, UK
Quoted from Nimmo
For example is 'Cornish hen' a chicken that comes from Cornwall?




Here is the Wikipedia definition:

In the United States, a Cornish game hen, also sometimes called a Cornish hen, poussin, Rock Cornish hen, or simply Rock Cornish, is a hybrid chicken sold whole. Despite the name, it is not a game bird. Rather, it is a broiler chicken, the most common strain of commercially raised meat chickens. Though the bird is called a "hen", it can be either male or female. A cornish hen typically commands a higher price per pound than typically sold chickens, despite a shorter growing span of 28 to 30 days, as opposed to 42 or more for regular chicken.

So I wouldn't worry too much about it
Logged Offline
Private Message Private message Reply: 1 - 5
Averno
Monday, September 1, 2014, 12:16pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Swami Warrior
Kyosha Nim
Posts: 1,087
Gender: Male
Location: Maryland
Hi Nimmo, and welcome!

Yep, it's just a chicken hybrid. So for all intents and purposes, regard it as chicken. As for samphire, anything not listed is considered neutral. Just monitor how it affects you.

Having your secretor status is most recommended. Without it, you're assumed to be a secretor (80% probability). However, being a non secretor (20% probability) predisposes you to certain health challenges and may influence your Swami food lists considerably. I wouldn't hesitate getting tested.
Logged
Private Message Private message Reply: 2 - 5
Xuxuzinha
Monday, September 1, 2014, 1:30pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Explorer
Autumn: Harvest, success.
Posts: 178
Gender: Female
Location: London, UK
Oh yeah!!

Being non-secretor completely changed my food list.

I was then allowed tomatoes and lamb e.g. which made my life much easier!
Logged Offline
Private Message Private message Reply: 3 - 5
Lola
Monday, September 1, 2014, 9:07pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

GT1; L (a-b-); (se); PROP-T; NN
Sa Bon Nim
Admin & Columnist
Posts: 51,172
Gender: Female
Location: ''eternal spring'' Cuernavaca - Mex.
Age: 57
a serotyping panel will determine your A subtype


''Just follow the book, don't look for magic fixes to get you off the hook. Do the work.'' Dr.D.'98
DNA mt/Haplo H; Y-chrom/J2(M172);ISTJ
The harder you are on yourself, the easier life will be on you!
Logged
Private Message Private message YIM YIM Reply: 4 - 5
Nimmo
Tuesday, September 2, 2014, 10:25am Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Winter: Hidden potential.
Posts: 2
Gender: Female
Location: Hampshire, UK
Thank you for your advice, I am really really grateful for any help with this.
Chicken is on my avoid list but Cornish hen is a neutral so would be good if I could find some.
I had my 'secreter' test done and apparently I am a secreter, but I was just wondering whether the 'A1/A2', 'Lewis blood group', 'MN blood group' and 'haplogroups' listed on the SWAMI questionnaire would be worth doing? For example do you think it is likely to increase my food list at all?
Also, my avatar doesn't seem to let me be just a 'Type A-neg secreter' without adding A1 or A2?
But thank you again, I'm really looking forward to the future.
Logged Offline
Private Message Private message Reply: 5 - 5
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print Print Thread

BTD Forums    Diet and Nutrition    SWAMI Xpress  ›  UK Explorer - Cornish Hen

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread