Official Website Of Dr. Peter J. D'Adamo & The Blood Type Diet®
The D'Adamo Forums
The Forums, which have functioned in one way or another since 1996, have now been closed to new posting. However there is a wealth of accumulated wisdom that can be searched for and utilized, so we've archived the messages.
Join our new forum on Facebook, the Eat Right 4 Your Type Group.
I recently got over-exposed to toxins - petrol, chlorine & hardware store fumes/smells, as well as badly bitten by midgies/tiny sandflies...Ended up with 4-5 really hard itchy hives/weals on ankles & legs...They were still very itchy 3 days later, but in the past I have been way worse, where twice, my leg/arm swelled up so much I couldn't walk or work for a few days...Even today nearly 5 days later, one bite is still really sore (I think after I scratched it too much in my sleep)
Not sure if any connection, but I did have foods apparently all high in histamines over the weekend, as I've never thought to limit that...I have also been eating chili quite often too lately & ate mince with chili again on Friday night... I then had pumpkin & organic (tho' corn fed) chicken on Saturday & lots of hot cocoa both days & also indulged in some chocolate,?! I notice pumpkin is high in histamines as well & is not even on the Explorer or Gatherer lists - don't know what made me think it was ok??!!
On Saturday I had such an incredibly hard/bloated tummy & my ears were ringing, plus my chest felt weird as I tried to sleep?! I woke up on Sunday with a scratchy sore throat, slightly upset tummy & flu like symptoms...(no nasal problems & I dosed up so that did not develop) but felt dazed & nervy & flu like, & everything smelt terrible to me on Sunday...I also had a silent migraine episode, but thankfully lying down got rid of that...Even Monday morning, I still had a sore throat, felt nauseated walking past meat cooking at a takeaway place & have had little appetite...& today I can also smell things super intensely which is really weird
Someone suggested an allergy to histamine & if so, I guess all the toxin exposure + bites (plus the various foods which were all high) would not have helped a build up & over reaction to histamines?! I had never thought about being sensitive to histamine, but I guess my initial reactions to midgie bites 10 yrs ago perhaps mean I am?
Again, not sure if it is related, but on the over sensitive nose aspect - I have used my slow cooker for years & never noticed what I did tonight - as it was heating I could smell chemical plastic smells (the "metal" outer must be part plastic or something) I also picked up a Broadband kit tonight to install & the modem etc reeks of plastic fumes Seems I am getting even more sensitive to smells but not sure how this can happen
Actually re the chlorine exposure - I just read this - main health hazards associated with breathing in chlorine...
Chlorine is a severe nose, throat and upper respiratory tract irritant. People exposed to chlorine, even for short periods of time, can develop irritation of the nose, a weak cough, and increased dryness of & mild sore throat, tightness in the chest...even at low ppm...Just as I have experienced since breathing it in... http://www.ccohs.ca › ... › Chemicals & Materials › Chemical Profiles › Chlorine
Thanks guys!! I have become even more convinced that chlorine was the "killer" along with the other fumes... I think they affect me more than foods... Of course when I am already affected by environmental factors, wrong food has more of an impact to be sure (but not a lot was actually "wrong foods" per se