Commit to doing the GenoType Diet for one month we’re so certain you’ll feel the difference that we’ll give you 50% discount on the one month supplement 3-pack for your GenoType.
Plus, if you continue to follow the plan and we’ll continue your discount.
Together with GenoType specific diet and lifestyle strategies, the GenoType Supplement System formulas work in harmony to support your body's natural ability to maximize your GenoType's strengths and minimize its weaknesses. Each GenoType Supplement Pack features three key components:
- The Synergist Formula which delivers the optimum blend of fatty acids for that GenoType
- The Catalyst Formula which blends phytonutrients and nutritional cofactors to optimize the metabolic needs for that GenoType
- The Activator Formula which blends phytonutrients and nutritional cofactors to optimize epigenetic activity required for that GenoType
Ultimately, do it for three months and you’ll qualify as a complementary beta tester for Dr. D’Adamo’s new SWAMI Xpress diet software which allows you to generate a completely individualized diet for your own personal use.
We at North American Pharmacal, Inc. (NAP) are proud and excited to introduce our new ShareRight Partners Program. We’ve done extensive research on affiliate programs, taking advantage of the latest web technologies and are certain that our new ShareRight Partners format will improve your experience and earning.
The highlights of the new NAP ShareRight Partners Program include:
1. Four times the earning potential of the original program: Our improved commission structure increases your earnings on any referrals to 20% of the total sale (minus shipping).
2. Internet based: Your referrals pick up your unique tracking code when they visit a Personalized Landing Page on the web that we create for you. You then track their purchases (and your commissions generated!) in real time directly from your browser.
3. Expanded Partner Support: Our ShareRight Partners Welcome Kit is sent to each new Partner. It includes a content CD-ROM, assorted NAP product samples, a detailed Reference Guide, handouts, email tutorials, and access to our support forums.
4. No cost to you: ShareRight Partners has no signup fees, recurring charges, or hidden costs.
Joining the new ShareRight Partners program is not automatic; you will need to fill out the simple registration form. We’ve provided some important links to get you started in increasing your earnings with our new ShareRight Partners program:
A “Welcome to the ShareRight Partners Program” introduction with a link to join:
A Quick Start Guide and overview:
ShareRight Partners is a straight "Affiliate Program" just like those used by Verizon, amazon.com and Apple Computer.
You refer, your friends and family purchase, we every month we pay you a 20% commission on all sales which result from your referral.
You referrals shop the www.4yourtype.com site like any other valued NAP customer, and can take advantage of any sales, specials or promotions. We’ll continue to support your ability to confidently and professionally share the concepts of personalized nutrition and The Blood Type Diet, providing you with a solid foundation for empowering others to learn about and discover Dr. Peter D'Adamo's work.
After reviewing the information we’ve provided, we hope you’ll be as excited as we are about our new ShareRight Partners Program and join us in this new endeavor.
ShareRight Partners Program Director
North American Pharmacal, Inc.
I can’t believe we are down to the final drumbeats of summer. Everyone I speak with has that vague anxiety of “back to school” regardless of whether they are in school or 80 years old!
We’ve had a great summer at NAP, having launched a consumer and professional newsletter, a monthly webinar series for doctors, completed the formulations for the cleanser, toner and night crème which will launch in December for the Genoma Skin line, and most importantly, maintained our summer schedule of early closings on Fridays so that we could all enjoy the beautiful weather and some weekend get aways!
For me, it’s been a particularly rewarding summer, as I have had the chance to re-envision the mission and purpose of NAP with Peter. It’s been wonderful to see him enjoy digging into the company – the website redesign for NAP, the Professional site, the Pharmashare and ShareRight programs – have all been programmed by Peter. He is as gifted a programmer as he is physician, author and researcher, and it has been extremely gratifying for me to witness his excitement as he reconnects with the company. Our partnership makes us stronger as individuals and professionals, and I am grateful that the summer provided the opportunity for us to re-kindle this aspect of our relationship.
Now, speaking of re-kindle-ing, I bought a Kindle from Amazon, and we have been checking out the world of e-books and downloads. This is tremendous technology, and I can foresee us moving in the direction of targeted e-book publishing as we look to supplement the information in the “big” books (Eat Right, Live Right, The GenoType Diet). More to follow on this, but check out the Kindle on Amazon!
Our wonderful summer was punctuated with sadness, as we lost a long-time member of the NAP distributor team. Marion Dubner, our representative in Puerto Rico, passed away at the end of July. Marion was an early adopter of Eat Right and the Blood Type diet, and she was an integral member of the team. At the first IfHI conference in 2003, Marion touched all of our lives with her dedication and her commitment to self development and personalized nutrition. A gifted artist, she sent us the IfHI 2003 logo of the cowboy in a beautiful glass mosaic, and every day I look at it as it is in my office at NAP. Our sympathies go out to her daughter, Martha, and her son, Dr. Zalduondo, and her family, whom she was extremely devoted to. I remember when her grandson prepared a presentation for his classmates on the Blood Type diet, and she was so proud of him. Safe travels, Marion, until we meet again!
As always, my thanks to all of you who have continued to support our work at NAP and Peter’s scientific investigations. We are so fortunate to have this extended community around us, and we appreciate the level of commitment and dedication you bring to your journey into personalized nutrition and individuality.
Happy end of summer and my warmest wishes for a happy and healthy transition to fall.
by Peter D'Adamo
North American Pharmacal® produces its DEFLECT™ line of dietary supplements designed by the distinguished naturopath Dr. Peter D’Adamo, author of the bestselling book Eat Right 4 Your Type.
DEFLECT™ products provide anti-adhesive therapy to lectin sensitive individuals. These ABO specific formulas block the effects of dietary lectins before they cause problems , by providing a source of free blocking carbohydrate.
What is lectin?
According to an old definition ‘lectins are carbohydrate-binding proteins or glycoproteins.’ William Boyd therefore coined the term lectin in 1954, deriving it from the Latin word legere meaning ‘to choose.’ Boyd was also the first researcher to identify the blood type specificity of many common dietary lectins.
Typically, lectins can bind to many of the carbohydrate antigens found in the gut and immune system, causing a variety of health problems. These can include intestinal dysbiosis, bowel hyperpermiability, immune dysfunction, food sensitivities and systemic inflammation. This is usually accomplished by direct agglutination of the target cells. Lectins can occur in very common foods in the diet, and the majority are specific for the carbohydrates of the ABO blood typing system. In one study, the edible parts of 29 of 88 foods tested, including common salad ingredients, fresh fruits, roasted nuts, and processed cereals were found to possess significant lectin-like activity as assessed by hemagglutination and bacterial agglutination assays. (2)
Several common lectins, in particular, wheat germ agglutinin, are known to bind to the insulin receptor and mimick the hormonal effects of insulin on adipose tissue, an under-appreciated action which can account for why individuals on high carbohydrate diets often have difficulty contolling their weight. Thus, lectin blocking is a safe and rational method for enhancing weight loss.
In the words of one lectin researcher:
“Most lectins in our diet are resistant to breakdown during gut passage and are bound and endocytosed by epithelial cells. These lectins are powerful exogenous growth factors for the small intestine, can induce dramatic shifts in its bacterial flora and interfere with its hormone secretion. In addition, lectins which are transported across the gut wall into the systemic circulation can modulate the body's hormone balance, metabolism and health. Although these physiological effects are mediated or reinforced by immune responses, they are primarily the result of the specific chemical reactivity of lectins with cell surface receptors of the gut.” (3)
What is DEFLECT?
DEFLECT is a natural product composed of ‘blocking sugars’ designed to interfere with the adherence of troublesome dietary lectins. Since many lectins are ABO blood type specific, there are 4 different DEFLECT formulas: one for each blood type. The blocking sugars in DEFLECT can be considered ‘sacrifical molecules’ that attach to carbohydrate receptors on the lectins, rendering them unable to bind to the cells of the body.
The DEFLECT formulas provide a source of free blocking amino sugars (blue) which bind and block lectins before they can attach to the cells.
Since each blood type is succeptible to lectins with different carbohydrate specificities, Dr. D’Adamo designed formulas to block lectins by using mono and poly saccharides specific for each blood type.
Situations where DEFLECT™ products may be indicated include:
• Carbohydrate intolerant individuals who typically gain weight on high carbohydrate diets. • ‘Leaky Gut’ and intestinal dysbiosis. • Food sensitivies. • Individuals with a low inflammatory threshold.
Now, North American Pharmacal® introduces its new DEFLECT™ line of dietary supplements designed by the distinguished naturopath Dr. Peter D’Adamo, author of the best-selling book Eat Right 4 Your Type. DEFLECT™ products provide anti-adhesive therapy to lectin sensitive individuals. These ABO specific formulas block the effects of dietary lectins before they cause damage, by providing a source of free blocking carbohydrate. Since each blood type is susceptible to lectins with different carbohydrate specificities, we’ve designed formulas which block lectins by using mono and polysaccharides specific for each blood type. DEFLECT™ products are also an excellent source of soluble and insoluble fiber for that particular blood type.
1. Deflect isn't going to allow you to regularly consume avoids any more than a bullet-proof vest can't protect your head, arms or legs. It may have some value as a 'morning-after' pill, but beyond that I would not posit...
2. It is used to primarily repair lectin damage, typically by lowering the activity of lectins in the gut and blood. Some lectins are are not food derived (such as bacteria, Candida, pollen, or even our own immune systems) and dietary avoidance will not inhibit them.
3. One way this repair mechanism works is by 'prying off' lectins which have already adhered to cellular receptors, such as insulin. Since insulin blockage by dietary lectins has been linked to both insulin resistance and obesity, using DEFLECT can help accelerate weight reduction in diet-compliant individuals by speeding up the time it takes for the regeneration of new insulin receptors or the 'cleansing' of the old ones. This can take upwards of one year in some individuals who just follow the diet, and explains why some dieters do not see weight loss in the early stages of the program. It is because of this 'lectin-locking' function that many other diets (which do have accelerated weight loss in their early stages) cause their followers to lose muscle mass and fat -when what we want is to lose only the fat. If the weight loss in ER4YT is occasionally slow, at least it is healthy: Losing only body fat means that that a person's weight loss can sometimes be only 50% as rapid as other programs which are destroying muscle and fat. The problem is that muscle is hard to get back, and any drop in muscle mass results in a lower metabolic rate, leaving the dieter more likely to gain back the weight, but this time only in body fat.
4. Many lectins can amplify the effects of auto-immune disease, such as thyroiditis, rheumatoid arthritis, schleroderma, fibromylagia and pemphigus. Research shows that some of the lectins which can cause this may actually be manufactured by the body itself (serum lectins). By acting as sacrificial molecules, Deflect can block this action.
5. Many people with 'food sensitivities' or 'leaky gut' have a phenomena called 'active endocytosis' where prior lectin damage results in an intestinal absorption surface that actively scoops up macromolecules. Because these larger molecules are very antigenic, then tend to increase local inflammation and thus increase the leaky gut. Again, by acting like 'sacrifical molecules' Deflect can block this, while also inhibiting bacterial adhesion to the gut as well (bacteria use their own lectins to attach to the intestines) a secondary cause of leaky gut. The amino sugars in DEFLECT can also help prevent re-infection by H. pylorri and many gram-negative bacteria which cause bladder infections, by flooding their own lectin receptors, thereby preventing adhesion, the first step needed for infection.
6. The amino sugars in Deflect encourage healthy bowel flora, although they do not provide a source of flora themselves. These same amino sugars are healthy enhancers of joint gliding surface and synovia as well.
- DEFLECT AB (for type 'AB')
- DEFLECT A (for type 'A')
- DEFLECT B (for type 'B')
- DEFLECT O (for type 'O')
Happy July! Here in the US, we are celebrating the 4th of July. Businesses close for a long holiday weekend, and everyone looks forward to barbecues, being outside, fireworks, and parades. We have our own independence to celebrate, as we have just been through closing out an IT project that was one of the biggest disappointments I’ve experienced at NAP. Lots of money, lots of promise, and the inability to deliver… all the things that are the antithesis of who we are as a company. Out of the ashes, a renewed NAP has risen, with a clear sense of direction, a rededication to our mission for providing state of the art nutritional supplements, quality service, continuing education about our products and support materials and an overhaul of our internet services.
You’ve probably already seen the invigorated 4yourtype.com site, as well as enhancements to dadamo.com. Peter’s programming skills are phenomenal, and our disappointment with our outsourced site has been replaced with shock and awe as everyday there are new features that are popping up on the site with many more in the works which will launch over the next two months.
As part of our restructuring of our IT function, we’ve enhanced our email outreach programs and newsletters. If you did not receive our latest newsletter, you can read it here and then click on the button on the bottom to subscribe. There are in depth product reviews as well as product snapshots. This issue’s focus was Histona, one of our new and yet fairly unknown products. Given all the stress of the last few months, I quickly grabbed a bottle after reading the articles!
Thanks to all of our ShareRighters who participated in the launch of our new program. It’s been great to see all the enthusiasm surrounding this referral program, and it’s been nice to meet your friends and families!
If you are a NAP professional account, sit tight-- some amazing things are coming!
Enjoy the warm nights and the fireflies of July,