|« Happy Thanksgivukkah!||Happy Birthday Jack!!! »|
For Halloween, my Mom bought a huge packaged of assorted “fun sized” chocolates to give out to trick-or-treaters. She didn’t want to be tempted to eat the chocolates, so she gave them to us.
At first, the kids gorged and I restrained myself. Instead of eating a candy bar, I mashed an avocado, added cocoa powder and agave, and enjoyed a bowl of 100% compliant chocolate pudding! But then the next day I caved and ate one “fun sized” Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup. It was OK, but not as tasty as I remembered; it’s now much too sweet for my taste.
If that one little chocolate had been my only indulgence for the month, I don’t think it would have hurt me. But there’s milk in those little goodies, and milk sets off allergic-like cravings in me. I had a hard time keeping myself from snacking on small amounts of cheese every day. Then, just when the cravings were almost under control, came Jack’s birthday, with the resultant cheesecake and dairy-heavy meals. I’ve had a hard time coming off the dairy since then; having a few slices of cheese for a bedtime snack, or topping off a healthy “salad and fish” meal with some cheese on a rice cake.
We had Jack’s birthday party yesterday, and most of the leftover candy went into the goodie bags. I baked the cake with spelt flour; which is so toxic for me that it’s not even a temptation. The purchased (wheat) pizza is finished; I didn’t eat any. It’s time for me to get back on track with healthy eating and detox from all the dairy and sugar I’ve managed to ingest in the past few weeks.
Today I’ve eaten clean all day, but I feel brain-fogged and tired and I still have a slight headache. I expect to feel better by tomorrow. I could have prevented all of this if I’d just been more careful with my diet in the first place. I KNOW better!
All this was started by one little “fun sized” candy. Not so much fun after all.
No feedback yet
Comments are not allowed from anonymous visitors.