Category: Jim (A)
Music: Radiohead, The Bends
Mood: Clove bud and patchoulli
Top 'o' the evenin' to ya' fellow BTD's. Bes wishes to all of you. Though I would throw out a randomness inspired rant for the heck of it.
Have seen a few good movies as of late. Mean Machine, The Hours, The Insider, etc. Pretty good flicks. Took the 'lil bro to see The Polar Express at the cheap seats. I loved the book when i was little, the illustrations absolutley captivated me. The movie was tolerable. Kinda boring... I also watched the horror flick, The Grudge. Not a great movie by any means, but I have to give it points for being disturbing as all hell. Watch it alone in the dark for a fright.
Been drinking crap wine lately... Franzia cabernet and merlot, house wines at restaurants, and bars.
I'm not a big white wine fan, but I did share a really nice bottle of Pinot Grigio with a friend the other day. Rancho Zabaco 2003 Reserve. For only $15, it was a pretty good bottle. Pairs excellent with steamed, seasoned, vegetables. I'm sure you could find it cheaper than I got it... I usually only buy wine when there's a good sale on it. I also have the pleasure of having a friend that manages a liquor store across the river. He lets me have any wine at 50 cents above cost. Thanks Shane! Too bad they don't have a better selection...
The vegan thing is smooth sailing. It certainly agrees with me more. As I've said, not sure how long it will last. I see no forseeable end though... I've been steaming tons of veggies lateley, lot's of oatmeal and nuts and seeds too. I realized that I've been skimping on the leafy greens though! Lot's of broccoli, carrots, squashes, onions, celery etc, but no greens! I've put a stop to that by grabbing a few bunches of beautiful, swiss (red) chard at the grocery store. Lot's of cilantro too, buit I wouldn't really call cilantro a "leafy green." I'll be using swiss chard, spinach, romaine, mustard greens, kale (flowering purple, regular, and lacinado/dinosaur), and collard greens, on a rotating basis. When I run out of one, I'll grab another. Done and done.
A few random quips from my head:
1) Holy crap, amaranth is really high in iron! Really! Amaranth and blackstrap mollases is all a vegan type A needs to get the daily iron requirement.
2) Dandelion is really high in potassium! That's good... Cuz I canna have bananas
Fabulous for the liver too! Take care of your liver kids. REALLY!
3) The Quantum Touch... Ever hear of it? Hands on energy healing... I suggest you research it... Lemme know what you think.
4) Positive thinking and best wishes can be sent to anyone, just by visualizing them and focusing on them in a positive light! Love & compassion friends, they make the world go 'round. Try it, yo.
5) A healthy liver can only process 1-2 units of alcohol every hour. One unit being a half pint of beer, 4 oz. of wine, or 1.5 oz of liquor. Anything after that is toxic overload... I'll have to keep this one in mind... He he. Did I mention that most Americans don't have a healthy live? Research Liver flushing and liver cleansing herbs. For your own sake. In todays toxic world, it's all the poor thing can do to keep us clean. Get off your ass, and take your health into your own hands. Read up!
Later gators. Love and light to all of you. (see how easy that is?) Not spell checking this wither... Ha hah ah ah ha a!