« The Lateral KingpinThe High Life »

Comment from: robert [Visitor] · http://www.eqcentre.com
Dear Dr D'Adamo

I have just had minor surgery on my face and have a couple of stitches in as I write this to be removed next week. You recommend in your book I take 500 mg of vit C and 10,000 iu of Vit A (as an A type). I have bought some Vit A caps with 800ug. Is this the same symbol as the iu? Just need to know how many caps to take.

Thanks for you help. By the way happy to fill in your feedback sheet when you can send me one. Have been keeping to the A type diet (90% of the time) and I have noticed a real reduction in the amount of mucus I create (which came a lot from milk and meat products before). Only recently have I moved off bread and pastries (found this a tougher move than subsidising certain fish, fruit and veg products for the type A diet). Have replaced this with rice cakes and so far I seem to be pretty happy with this.

The art to the success of this plan is to arm yourself with a list of +ve foods you recommend in your book before shopping and make sure your house only has 'your type blood' food in store otherwise we tend to slip up and eat the wrong stuff which may taste good but has no energy in it.

I look forward to your answer.

Robert (UK London)

900 mcg of vitamin A is about 3000 IU, so you'd have to take about three of these daily. ---P
04/19/08 @ 08:35
Comment from: Myrna [Visitor] Email · http://myrnaslist.com
Just read must read post on Politics of Health-Popular Culture&musings by@ obertancat @chrisbrogan http://snurl.com/24zns so what dya think?

I'm still digesting-do favor my own filtering of everything.

BTW, 2 lbs 1/2loss waist size 2 days on combined BTD & GTD and going strong. Gave up pistachios, cashews and chocolate even if it was 77% cocao. I think I shrunk my stomach and no more craving triggers.
04/19/08 @ 10:28
Comment from: Mike [Visitor]
Good to see a like minded libertarian. It seems the natural law " for every force there is an equal and opposite force" is in play here. As the internet and free information has grown, filtered information from mainstream media has also increased. We have a choice (still) as to which pill we would like to swallow...borrowing from the movie The Matrix, the terms blue pill and red pill have become a popular metaphor for the choice between blissful ignorance (blue)or filtered information...and embracing the sometimes painful truth (red)..unfiltered information.The latter is always the harder path.
04/19/08 @ 12:27
Comment from: Edwina [Visitor]
I'm glad you put "pen" to your musings about present day filtering. Enjoyed it every much. If there is anything I hate it is some entity "dressing" something up so we can "understand" it better. They change a word here and a word there and the whole thing has lost its real meaning completely. I see this happening all the time, and I see people reacting to it exactly as the entity expected them to react. Your shedding the light of day on some of this was very refreshing!
04/19/08 @ 15:47
Comment from: D. Tsakiridis [Visitor] Email
Excellent "article!"
04/19/08 @ 16:41
Comment from: D. Tsakiridis [Visitor] Email
Excellent blog!
04/19/08 @ 16:42
Comment from: Myrna [Visitor] Email · http://myrnaslist.com
Karoli @myrnaslist great article -- have it bookmarked for a blog post. :) about 9 hours ago from twhirl in reply to myrnaslist

I sent her this post(Fonts and Filters) and she replied above(karoli) on Twitter. :)
04/19/08 @ 23:41
Comment from: Thomas Berner [Visitor] Email
Hi,
I just recently stumbled across your book "Eat right 4 your type" and have a couple of questions, that if you don't mind I would like to ask you:
1) I was astonished to see that as a type A I love to eat a lot (and I mean like 70%) of the foodstuff that I'm supposed to avoid. Have you encountered this in the past in your patients? I mean, shouldn't my body make foodstuffs that are bad for me distasteful and foodstuffs that are good for me taste good?
2) The main motivation to read your book was that I feel a lack of energy a lot of times. Even after sleeping 10 hours I don't feel recharged. Would a disciplined switch to a blood type A diet help me get more energy?
3) I have been drinking regularly whey protein shakes in the morning or after workouts. Whey is a foodstuff I should avoid. Does that also apply for whey isolates, which make up the protein shakes?

Thank you very much for your time and insights, that even though I'm just starting to get into this, I feel that it will help me to get on track again.

Kind regards,
Thomas
04/20/08 @ 16:02
Comment from: Edna (Peppermint Twist) [Visitor]
I don't have cable and I am always amazed at how, when I do have a chance to watch C-SPAN at someone else's house, within about five minutes, I know more about a candidate's substantive ideas on issues and policy than I could get in months of watching network television. It is very dismaying how network news focuses on what one candidate said about the other, the gaffe de jour, if someone's laugh is strange sounding, if someone else's enthused exclamation is the end of his political career, etc., and they virtually never talk about the candidates' substantive IDEAS on issues. The debate on ABC the other night was the perfect example of that, although I must admit to being glad some of the non-issue questions were asked of a certain candidate, but did it have to take up the first 63 minutes or whatever it was of the entire debate?!!! Where were the questions on energy policy, CAFE standards, shifting investment and incentives to green energy, health care, saving Social Security, child care, foreign affairs, etc.? I don't care if someone wears a flag pin, I care what they plan to do for the country that the symbol stands for. But we didn't get to hear much about that.
04/21/08 @ 07:47
Comment from: Sandra Kallander [Visitor]
What do you mean, "just" a libertarian? ;)

I'm a libertarian (and a Libertarian, i.e., member of the Libertarian Party). Your emphasis on individuality was what caught my attention one day years ago when I saw Eat Right 4 Your Type on a bookstore shelf; it called to my libertarian instincts.

I've often thought since then that you must be one; you often sound like the ones I know, especially when you talk about writing lines of code, or music, or chemistry, or the frustrations of government bureaucracy. The LP is "the party of principle," and attracts people who look for truths to live by.

You might be interested to know that one of the presidential candidates introduced legislation to make any truthful health claim legal: allowing you, farmers and herbalists to recommend foods for their medical benefits. In other words, free speech not just for drug companies, but for regular people.

He also introduced legislation to get the federal government out of the constitutionally unauthorised business of regulating marijuana or raw milk on the grounds that consumers should be the ones exercising their judgement individually. Although he is both a congressman and a medical doctor, he doesn't think Congress is qualified to tell people what to consume and that laws don't cure addiction.

If you are interested in healthcare freedom, the restoration of the relationship between doctor and patient (with the medical industrial complex and government out of the way), Dr. Ron Paul is the Republican candidate often marginalized as "just a libertarian," but he does come up with some great health-related, freedom-promoting legislation.
04/21/08 @ 19:30
Comment from: henry vergara [Visitor] · http://yahoo.com
When time I got hold of the book eat right for your type I immediately read the contents from cover to cover. I am a blood type A and has lots of unhealthy habits. it taught me much about the right food to eat and it worked on me keeping it religiously on what to avoid. Today I am totally different from what I was before starting Jan./06. You are a God-sent to help care for the world of sick humanity.
04/22/08 @ 22:56

This post has 1 feedback awaiting moderation...