« The QueenAndrew Weil on the Blood Types: Not Even Wrong (redux) »

Comment from: Chris [Visitor]
Way to put things into perspective Dr. D.
09/11/08 @ 14:21
Comment from: Ron-A-Non [Visitor]
Dr. D

I just realized that you remind me of a character named Dr. Manhattan in a famous graphic novel called "The Watchmen".

At the end of one of the chapters, he delivers what is an amazing speech on "thermodynamic miracles" to his despondent ex-girlfriend, while he's touring her across the surface of Mars: http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e56/tbondurant/watchmen09_tdmiracle.jpg

It's a great speech, and right along the same cosmic lines as what you're talking about here.

It's a very important perspective, what you've communicated here. Thank you so much for saying it.
09/11/08 @ 22:42
Comment from: Susana [Visitor]
Did you go to Iona Grammar school in New Rochelle?

I lived quite close in Lake Isle and went to The Ursuline School also in New Rochelle which was the sister school to Iona. Used to do the Cheer leading, attend the dances like good Catholics etc.

Good positive blog. Thank you.
09/12/08 @ 14:11
Comment from: Angela [Visitor] Email
Hola....lo siento no hablo ingles, soy media suiza y media catalana....Gracias...soy 0+ me encantava la pasta y el pan...y pensava que los yogurts son sanos para mi....pero cada dia fui mas gorda antes no pasaba nada ahora tengo 40 años....hace 11 semanas que dejo el gluten maiz lentejas productos lacteos y carne de cerdo....he adelgazado min 10 Kg tengo mas fuerza....tengo dos hijos y un restaurante en altafulla tarragona. no he pasado ambre ningun momento y adems puedo comer sin mala conciencia lo que a mi me gusta verdura y pescado o carne ñam...aveces los clientes de mi restaurante me preguntan...que me ofreces??? y a mi... me gustaria preguntar.....y tu que grupo sanguinio tienes?...pero mucha gente no lo save. Mi padre era tambien 0+...fue como 30 años vegetariano con fruta verdura y cereales...se murio de cancer de sangre...pero aveces cuando estaba muy mal me pedia carne....entiendo mucho ahora...no soy mas lista que mi cuerpo, tengo que escucharlo... gracias peter un peto desda catalunya angela
09/16/08 @ 18:26
Comment from: Bianca [Visitor] Email
Dr. you are funny. I like your sense of humor and I love your book. I've been trying get a diagnosis for my drooping eyelid and fatigue. I've been causally diagnosed with Myasthenia Gravis, perscribed to take Mestinon, to no avial, they still don't know what's wrong. In the mean time I read ur book...given to me by my fanatic grandma, hooked on your diet plan and so far you are spot on!!! I'm type B and have been eating all the wrong things, due to the fact that I work in asia I have been eating way too much chicken and pork and shell fish etc... Good beef,lamb and mutton are hard to come by, not to mention cheese! Thank you for your book and keep up the good work! I feel GREAT only after a week and Mestinon is in the BIN!! Your book--a Godsend!
09/29/08 @ 13:09
Comment from: Eric Morrison [Visitor] Email
Oiga Angela,

¡Me encantó su testimonio! Qué bueno que le pasó esa experiencia de cambiar su dieta y darse cuenta de la imprtancia de comer según el grupo de sangre... tambien soy O positivo, y ya no padezco de nada de lo que tenía por años en cuanto a mala salud. Es una lastima que se tuvo que morir su padre. Lo siento mucho.

Dr. D- Awesome blog. I love reading your stuff! Can't wait to shake hands with you this upcoming IfHI conference in TN. You probably had somebody translate for you, I'm sure... but Angela mentioned that her father was an O pos vegetarian for 30 years and died from leukemia. It's really sad, but an eye-opener for those who refuse to open their minds to all of the research that has saved so many lives--including my own.

10/04/08 @ 01:28
Comment from: Tamara (B-secretor) [Visitor] Email
What a lovely truth; something that each one of us can be proud of.

Thanks for pointing it out.
09/19/09 @ 23:14
Comment from: Jor [Visitor]
Yes, it is a lovely positive way of looking at things, but, unfortunately, the opposite holds true as well! It will undoubtedly make a lot of people who are struggling through life, think that they have been very UNlucky to get through the whole process!
09/20/09 @ 11:27
Comment from: Square Peg Guy [Visitor] · http://square--peg.blogspot.com/
Physicists would concur with you. Nudge a few of our physical constants a few percent, and the Big Bang could not have happened. Forget about the likelihood of a habitable Earth....
09/21/09 @ 13:30
Comment from: Sharon [Visitor]
Wow! Thanks Dr.D. The thoughts in this blog make me grateful to be alive.
10/24/09 @ 01:40