« Undeniable truthThe Garden of Eden and Great Flood »

Comment from: Lola [Member] Email
''after the outcry against the Nazi euthanasia program, the experts merely moved their lethal expertise away from gas to starvation:......''
and created the CODEX ALIMENTARIUS!!
01/12/09 @ 20:35
Comment from: p-twist [Visitor]
Well, color me irked. How DARE that lightweight, Mary Hartley, make the blithe, sweeping, blanket assertion that there is no scientific evidence for the BTD? She gives not ONE example of anything in the diet that there is or is not scientific evidence for. Nope, she just asserts it. I guess because she is a registered dietician, we are all supposed to bow down and accept any edicts she decrees? Then she goes on to assert that some of the diets could even be harmful. Again, care to share, Mary? I'm talking about how about BACKING UP what you claim with some example, some "scientific evidence" of your own, but no, since she HAS NONE because there IS NONE, she is just about the business of blanketly asserting things that she can't prove. I think that the most egregious statement with NO supporting facts to me is that the diet could actually be harmful, yet I find the most annoying statement to be that it is a "fad". In what definition of "fad" is a diet system that has legions of enthusiastic adherents something like 13 years after it came out a candidate? Mary, I’m afraid it is your statements that have “no scientific evidence”, not the BTD.
01/13/09 @ 11:55
Comment from: handy [Visitor]
Go Peppermint!

If losing weight, reducing pain, eliminating chronic congestion, gaining energy and over all just feeling better in only two weeks and maintaining it is lacking in scientific research than by golly I'm a maverick riding on the new wave of this medical breakthrough yet to happen.

To be honest, based on what I used to eat and popular dieting I should feel worse and be fatter. I used to eat whole grains and vegetarian meals and all kinds of good for you veggies that really were killing me. No wonder I couldn't figure out why I never felt good.

Now I only feel bad when I eat an avoid on the BTD.
01/14/09 @ 03:17
Comment from: Aaron Parker [Visitor]
I saw some of the comments to the article by Mary and in many of them people were trying to defend the "no science" claim by simply stating that there was plenty if she just looked for it.

I think from now on, whenever one of these "experts" makes these sorts of claims, instead of trying to defend the science, simply show them the science. Quote excerpts from the books or direct them to links to research (there are plenty of references to the research within the books and on the websites), with a question to them like " so Mary, please tell me where this research does not belong in the realm of science".

See what they have to say then

Azzap
01/14/09 @ 06:39
Comment from: Cocky [Visitor] · http://www.genotypedieet.eu
Am I glad that I am not a dietician!!! :-))

Peter, the article is very interesting. I contacted this Mrs. Bouwman for a copy in Dutch. Info I can add to my website www.genotypedieet.eu

All those 'scientific' medical facts and insights have not resulted in improving health.. No, more the opposite. Look at the huge healthissues worldwide.. Mankind is getting sicker and sicker.. The only wayout is BTD and GTD.. We know that, when will the rest see the light???

Cocky
01/16/09 @ 12:17
Comment from: Jenny [Visitor] · http://www.weddingsbyjenny.com.au
I have lost 8 kilograms in 8 weeks of following the BTD diabetic guidelines, and it is looking hopeful that I will have reversed my diabetic diagnosis by the time the next tests are done in a fortnight. This may be anecdotal, but who cares? Scientific enough for this individual.
01/16/09 @ 19:14
Comment from: Paul C [Visitor] Email
A curious paradox is revealed from the attitude given in this study.

It is almost as if they were saying:

"Yes we are aware that public interest is rising in nutrigenomics but we are not sure how this will affect our business. No we do not feel that we know enough about nutrigenomics to incorporate this into our practice, but no, we don't need to know any more."

The best advice is (of course):

"Lead, Follow, or Get out of the way!"

There are some books written by some who have chosen the first option, but I was not amused enough by the chutzpa to peek inside.

It looks like Dr. D'Adamo in a hundred years time will be feted as the Edison of nutrigenomics.

The most of my frustration comes from the avoidable suffering that is being professionally supported

"Ignorance is the most expensive commodity we have in this country." - Rush Limbaugh
01/17/09 @ 13:20
Comment from: Chrstine [Visitor]
Been on the BTD for two weeks. Lost weight, no bloating and more energy. Instructor of the martial arts five night's week. Couldn't figure out why I wasn't able to lose weight. I work out on a regular basis and ate a healthy diet (so I thought).

Love the video!!
01/31/09 @ 11:57
Comment from: Marguerite [Visitor]
I have been following the BTD for a very long time and done very well on it. However I have never had any luck getting anyone else except my daughters to follow it. I watched an interview that Charlie Rose did with Dr. OZ in 2007. I don't always agree with Dr.Oz (when he differs with the BTD) but overall I love him and his message. Important to note WHY he wrote "You on a Diet", the message wasn't getting across to the general public, hmm. Very good interview, I would recommend it. Thanks Dr. D for everything you do.
02/08/09 @ 15:45