« Wiki-bulliesProfessional Affairs »

Comment from: Robert [Visitor]
Peter,

Thanks for this info and feedback on the Kindle. The vertebrae saving function for your daughters is another plus. Amazing to see this tech come into existence. Next: a device that you hold to your temple and it records your thoughts. Not as far away as it may seem, if we just knew what thoughts actually were...and not what we "think" they are.

Robert
07/23/08 @ 14:07
Comment from: Dr. C. [Visitor]
You need mobipocket to be able to read this file on a blackberry. You can download it free from here: http://www.mobipocket.com/en/DownloadSoft/ProductDetailsReader.asp?View=Desktop
07/23/08 @ 19:55
Comment from: Stefina [Visitor]
Thanks for this info. I've downloaded the file and will use it when I have my device.

I'll leave a comment once I use it.
07/24/08 @ 10:14
Comment from: teri [Visitor]
"I see my own future as an author veering ultimately into the realm of self-publishing, with its lack of editorial constraints."

I am really happy to hear this.

Teri-Ann
07/25/08 @ 13:08
Comment from: Chris S [Visitor] · http://freewebs.com/bohemianchris
I have been reading about the extreme inaccuracy of nutritional studies based on periodic surveys. Handheld devices have the potential for really good nutrional studies (for BTD/GTD diets, low-fat vs. low-carb, organic vs. industrial foods, etc).

Imagine someone pushing just a few buttons on an iPhone after each meal or snack to report what was eaten, having this data compiled real-time and compared to demographic and health data provided at regular intervals. The compliance should be very high compared to surveys that rely on total recall of foods eaten days or months earlier! This potential to learn about how Western Diets are really affecting people is unprecedented.
07/25/08 @ 13:35
Comment from: Cath Harkins [Visitor]
Hi there

I tried to leave question on Ask Dr Adamo - but it ain't a happening thing. Do hope you see this!
Question: When is the right time to put an infant on Blood Type diet? My daughter is currently 20 months old and is Blood Type O negative, as am I. She has alot of dairy as recommended to do so and I'm getting worried as I have a SEVERE reaction to dairy and am worried it may contributing to her constant ear infections.
Cheers
Cath Harkins
(New Zealand)
07/25/08 @ 23:22
Comment from: Ron [Visitor]
Yeah, I've noticed these Kindle books, and they look pretty great. As soon as I can scrape together some cash, I'll add one to my queue.
07/26/08 @ 03:43
Comment from: Paula 0+ hunter [Visitor]
When I get a kindle for Christmas from my dh, who has one already, then I will use this recipe file....just the thing I want! Thanks! (I hope I get the new
colorized kindle he said is in the works)....
07/27/08 @ 11:27
Comment from: Chris S [Visitor] · http://www.freewebs.com/BohemianChris
Cath,
Have you checked out the TypeBase4 link on this site:

It lists individual foods and shows the ones that are most appropriate for infants.

Also Dr. D'Adamo's Eat Right 4 Baby book should answer all your questions. I was able to get it from my local library.

One fact that sticks with me is that most types are best avoiding wheat gluten. It seems that rice and carrots are pretty universal once the baby is eating real food. I hope that helps.

I don't believe Dr. D is likely to answer many questions on this page, though he answers the rare question on the message boards. You can imagine the sheer quantity of messages on this and the Genotype site.

07/29/08 @ 14:58
Comment from: kathy [Visitor]
I'm a Type O and I've found some instances of confusing information -- for example, one source, the Eat 4 Your Blood Type book says that leeks are to be avoided as are cucumbers; but in the Cook 4 Your Blook Type is says that both are fine. I also see that the bread pudding is to be avoided, but the ingredients are all on the neutral list (using soy milk and spelt bread). And, brussels sprouts are on the avoid list in the Cook 4 Your B.T. and on the neutral in the Eat 4 Your B.T. Which source is correct?
09/14/08 @ 16:48