« Where am I now...Waiting... »

Comment from: Victoria [Visitor] · http://tigermoon.etsy.com
I agree about the delicate sweetness of good goat's milk! Occasionally, we will have a little milk still left in the refrigerator after a week and a half, and it is still sweet and light. A couple of times a month I drive 15 miles to pick it up from a conscious farmer, as part of my contribution to my shopping group. It's well worth the effort, and a lovely drive too.
06/21/08 @ 00:52
Comment from: Joe [Visitor]
Some goat's milk is very sweet as you describe, but some goats produce a bitter flavor in their milk. It does seem to be goat (or maybe breed) specific, however, so it is pretty easy for the farmer to isolate the milk that doesn't taste as good and use that for something other than sweet milk.
It is good that you found a local producer.
06/21/08 @ 18:55
Comment from: Adam [Visitor]
It's unfortunate you are "hooked-up" (I'm pretty good at reading into things), but I love goat's milk everything!

Try goat's milk and olive oil for substitutes on your pancake recipes! Forget syrup! This stuff is riiiich, and good and nourishing.

Feta lover,
Adam
07/19/08 @ 00:50
Comment from: Leanne [Visitor]
It's the breed that changes the flavor. We've raised goats on several different occasions. All were fed the same thing. Some of our goats gave milk that I had to throw out within 12 hours. Other goats' milk lasted days.
Whatever the case, it's pretty good stuff!

Leanne!
09/01/08 @ 00:38
Comment from: Pinoy [Visitor] · http://pinoy-pride.com/
I tried to taste goat milk and it is really good. Thank you for sharing such an interesting and informative article. - Pinoy
01/15/10 @ 13:14
It has been a really long time since I have had goat milk. I alwasy thought the scent of goat milk was different, but good. It is just so hard to find around here.
08/12/10 @ 22:02