« Eye and Hair ColorWeather or not, here it comes »

Comment from: Lola [Visitor]
''not for nothing are Catalan artists overrepresented in the Surrealist art movement.''

and you definitely have it in your genes when it comes to the written word Dr. D.!

exquisite picture you have shared with us all!
thank you!
xo Lola
06/02/08 @ 12:38
Comment from: m.giovanna.fiorentino [Visitor]
A real pleasure to read your blog, Dr D'Amato !
06/02/08 @ 12:54
Comment from: D. Tsakiridis [Visitor]
Lovely description!
Maybe another time you can discuss blood type in relation to those people.

We're just BT junkies, aren't we??

Mrs "T"
06/02/08 @ 13:11
Comment from: Edwina [Visitor]
Very, very interesting! Man, you could have helped a lot of history-jaded students eat the stuff up with your vivid prose! Ahhhh, but I'm glad you didn't choose to teach history as your primary profession!!! Reminds me of my husband. (He turned out to be an engineer.) I got through history in school, but he was the one who brought it alive for me later. History fascinates me now!

The stick ball reminds me of the similar game we used to play when we were small. If the ball couldn't be found, we would stomp a tin can and use it. I slammed one right into my poor, older sister's forehead once, and we had to do a speedy redo on her hair so our mother couldn't see the huge bump! :-/
06/02/08 @ 13:17
Comment from: Stefina [Visitor] · http://www.myspace.com/stefina1
Did I read that Basque is our closest link to the garden of Adam and Eve? Also that the Basque language is considered the hardest language to learn?

I think Barry Farber wrote this but it has been a long time since I've read his book.

It's neat to see a reference to this mysterious place.
06/02/08 @ 15:57
Comment from: Elaine [Visitor]
Thankyou for the enjoyable history .
Mostly thank-you for this precious blood type diet -known by the Arch Angel's who are leading us back to health. A great work, appreciated.
Elaine
06/02/08 @ 16:08
Comment from: janet trenchard [Visitor]
A wonderful description of a fascinating area! This is stuff that really interests me.
And the surrealists were so hated by the fascists...
considered decadent, etc. Thanks, Jaynee0
06/02/08 @ 17:34
Comment from: Teresa S [Visitor] Email
Dr. D’Adamo, greetings from Barcelona, where I have lived almost all my life, although I was born in Galicia, in the northwest of Spain. Galicians have also our own language, like Basques and Catalans and also a very different culture. I’m impressed by your knowledge of Spain and it isn’t the first time you write about this or the Civil War. By the way the Basques are very proud of their Rh –negative, that you have mentioned in your books.

Thank you for your splendid and generous work that I hope will be soon better known in Spain in order that many more people could benefit from it, as I do for more than six years with more or less compliance

Teresa
06/02/08 @ 17:59
Comment from: Andrea [Visitor]
As we age the memories of the past come back to with adult understanding.
06/02/08 @ 19:45
Comment from: Diana (Mayflowers) [Visitor]
Hi Dr. D,

I didn't know you were into the Civil War?! My little son, Niki and I both like history also. We just visited Gettysburg this past October 07'. I must go back..I really enjoyed it.
I'd love to see Spain..It's right next door to Italy.
Do, tell more!!
06/03/08 @ 14:03
Comment from: Veronica Sibajas [Visitor] Email
I'm Spanish, although from Andalucia... Well, I've been dieting according to my bloodtype for the last two weeks only, and I have to say that i feel much better. The only problem is that I'm a blood type 0 and I'm a vegetarian. I have very little variety of food left to eat, and I'm a bit overweighed, so I'm trying to loose some weight. How can I guarantee my protein intake without taking nuts that will make me gain weight? I'm a vegetarian by believing, so going back to meat or fish is not negociable.

Thanks in advance!
06/04/08 @ 03:12
Comment from: ray trozzo [Visitor]
what a thought, stick ball. willie mays came by 1 day,( the polo grounds was 1/4 mile away) and hit a spaulding 5 sewers eventually bouncing onto amsterdam ave. in the fifty's there was another substitute ball called a pennslyvania pinky. thanks for the flash back.
06/06/08 @ 08:30
Comment from: italybound [Visitor]
Dr. D, what a great blog!! I really enjoy reading about other cultures. This was a very very enjoyable early morning read. Thanks for the good start to my day..........along w/ all your great work on BTD of course. :-)
And many thanks to Martha and family for sharing you with us. :-)
06/10/08 @ 06:08
Comment from: meribelle [Visitor]
This post struck me in a special way... In the state of Louisiana there is a town of my ancestors called New Iberia. Most people think it is Cajun, but it was founded by people from Spain.

My ancestors came from Spain to this town many many years ago. I have been told that were Basque people. I have always been very proud of this part of my heritage. Thank you for the vivid picture of part of my past. (The other half is Pennsylvania Dutch)

Thank you for all your knowledge and leadership.
06/15/08 @ 06:53
Comment from: Ron [Visitor]
I just found this article. Very magical and captivating.

My own ancestry is from Oviedo, on the northwestern coast of Spain, in the region of Asturias, in the area where the very westernmost portion of the Pyrenees Mountains terminates.

Someday I'd like to go visit there and see my ancestral homeland.
07/17/08 @ 06:37