« Weather or not, here it comesThemes and Skins »

Comment from: Dian (Mayflowers) [Visitor]
OMG! Thanks Dr. D! The additional info is fantastic!! Now I know why I'm so attracted to computers. I'm sending this to my sister to see if I can get her off red meat.

"Warrior is a GenoType of the A blood group antigen, although sometimes having blood type AB can get you into the party."

Thanks for mentioning my dad.. : )
05/08/08 @ 10:25
Comment from: Barbara [Visitor]
I am Bood Type O-, I drink a drink with L-carnitine in the ingredients, what possible harmful effects could it have on me?
Thanks
05/08/08 @ 13:02
Comment from: Square Peg [Visitor] Email · http://square--peg.blogspot.com/
Consider these two excerpts from the Explorer monograph
The early adoption of herding type animal husbandry, perhaps one of the simplest of these technologies, especially in the arboreal forests and verdant foothills of the inter glacial period was a key terraforming influence on the Explorer GenoType. The genetic memory of this persists in the mindset of the present day Explorer in the form of an almost spiritual, kindred relationship with animals of all sorts. Explorer is one those special types of people who can have a hawk perched on one shoulder while cradling a field mouse in the opposite arm and have both put aside their natural predator-prey relationship; at least for the moment. When you hear about someone who has taught their English bulldog to skateboard, it's almost always a Explorer GenoType.
They can often be left handed, with an 'aura' about them that often results in electro-chemical disturbances in the nervous system such as epilepsy, but other Explorer GenoTypes have their fair share of autistic tendencies...
Temple Grandin (http://www.templegrandin.com/) is well-known in the autism community for her ability to cope with her condition. She used her affinity with animals to her advantage in specializing in livestock handling. Her autobiography, "Thinking In Pictures" is fasinating. You can read chapter one here: http://www.templegrandin.com/templegrandinchapterone.html
05/08/08 @ 17:57
Comment from: Paula 0+ hunter [Visitor]
So very interesting. I read all that pertain to type O.
I still really don't know about my own genotype.
I am not really gynic, more andric, but short, but lower leg is longer. Left handed, liver problems, dad is A+, mom is 0+ ( I am pretty sure she's positive_) So I can relate to all the possible 0 genotypes.....but it is all intriguing. No matter what I try to avoid the wheat!
Thanks for the brilliant work!
05/08/08 @ 21:59
Comment from: Henriette [Visitor]
Wow Dr D you just blew me away :-D
This was so great -it has made me consider seriously to go back to GTD again... or at least adopt more from the explorer diet.
Suddenly a lot of the stuff that I felt was lacking in GTD book is here- please just write more - it is deeply facinating and I for sure would love an GTD book /advanced level :-D
05/09/08 @ 08:54
Comment from: miladychristina [Visitor] Email
I JUST WANTED EVERYONE TO KNOW THAT I HAVE BEEN ON THIS DIET FOR 4 DAYS AND HAVE LOST 10 POUNDS ,,,,,,,,,,,,,YEP 10 POUNDS!!! I STILL CANT BELIEVE IT MYSELF.

CHRISTINE
05/09/08 @ 09:41
Comment from: drive55 [Visitor]
Microsoft, what a pain in the ASP! ;-)
05/10/08 @ 21:33
Comment from: Maldo [Visitor]
Wow! Love this stuff - thanks Dr. D.
05/11/08 @ 04:01
Comment from: D. Tsakiridis [Visitor]
Thank you for this extra info.
Not only does my nuclear family(2 grown kids)have all 4 blood types, I'm sure there are 4 genotypes represented!
We'll see someday if I'm right.
Again, thanks for contributing so much to good health.
Mrs "T"
05/17/08 @ 20:14
Comment from: meribelle [Visitor]
I knew there was a reason I fell in love with Yerba Mate tea. It is like chocolate!! And all that analogy about caramalizing onions. ... I don't want to do that to my cells. That is even more reason to stay on the gatherer diet. Thanks, Dr. D.
meribelle
05/18/08 @ 12:49
Comment from: Keith [Visitor]
I assume that the genotype diet supersedes the BTD Diet as in my case it reintroduces some foods that previously were to be avoided. Given that I have Syndrome X and have an ideal hip to waist ratio its value to me personally is significant and I am sure its outcomes will be monitored closely by my General Practitioner.
05/19/08 @ 00:08
Comment from: Nina [Visitor]
Not for nothing are your writings selling so well. The bit about Explorers kvetching about their day-to-day health problems but outliving all their friends made me laugh. That captures it very well. Thanks for the new monographs.
05/20/08 @ 04:36