« Mesquite PowderNew Doctor »

Comment from: Melissa [Member] Email
Wow, scary. I wasn't aware that children were a cure for anything! Yes they can add meaning and purpose to life, but there are other ways to do so, and nobody should be pressured into having children if they don't want to. Alternative medicine is good, but only as good as the doctor, and I wouldn't trust this one. Not only that, but that she would waste time arguing over something like that instead of paying attention to a new patient's health...do you have other options in doctors?
03/05/08 @ 02:54
Comment from: funkymuse [Visitor]
Well.. that's awful that a Doctor browbeats you into listening and attempting to force you to answer her questions.

In my world a new Doctor would be in order! Hopefully you can choose another more in tune Doctor. I had a NP that was also a Medical Doctor. The best of both worlds. Also sometimes a good NP can do most of what an MD can do and will send you out when they can't to a good referral.

At any rate... no more letting someone barrage you into a corner of emotional upset, ok?! :)

You are the patient, the one being served... she is the Doctor, the one who is there to serve. She obviously has come control issues.

Next time... if someone tries this... tell them.. I'm sorry, but I don't take this kind of treatment, and leave.

Blessings...
03/05/08 @ 09:55
Comment from: D. Tsakiridis [Visitor]
Wow! I had a relatively unhappy childhood & didn't want to have children, but I was open to God changing me. When I was 26, the bug bit me! I had the strong desire. I had my first child at 28 & he's now 32!

But what a rude doctor! [In this country,USA, it seems that the medical profession is more anti-child.]
She should have stuck to your medical needs. One can't force something so personal on someone else. There are physical advantages of having a child before a certain age, but it really isn't the business of a stranger to almost bully you like that!
There are many who can't have kids & they find other ways to help others or have a fulfilling career. You are helping others in a great way by being involved in the BTD community.
By being on BTD or GTD & practicing good health, you may rarely need a doctor. If you have a dire emergency, even the traditional doctors may be OK.
Meanwhile, I hope you find other pleasant ways to enjoy your new location. If you travel back to the east regularly, maybe you can use you old doctor.
03/05/08 @ 16:24
Comment from: Bec [Member] Email
Thanks for the support guys, it is really appreciated. I contacted my old Dr and he couldn't believe what had happened either. We're looking into possibly using video links to stay in contact and keep him as my GP.

We're also investigating other options over here, but I'm a little wary of them now. My husband still can't get over her attitude, especially given the lack of medical history that she knew about. Odd.

Funkymuse, I'm hearing you. We aren't going back there and we shouldn't have stayed for as long as we did.
03/05/08 @ 19:39
Comment from: OSuzanna [Visitor]
Wow, Bec! Color me astounded at the awful behavior of that doctor, shame on her, she of all people should know better, but apparently has her own axe to grind!
Sigh. I know there's another one out there for you, keep yer chin up, kid.
03/05/08 @ 20:02
Comment from: accidental_chef [Visitor]
Dear Bec,
Sounds harrowing for the both of you
:-(! I had that thrown at us for the first 10 years of our marriage, from docs as well. So I know how it feels. You know your constitution well, and you have a supportive husband. Dont let anyone harrass you over your beliefs and decisions. It might be alien to them, so let them prattle on and at the end of it, just be firm. Wear your beliefs proudly and confidently!
05/05/08 @ 00:31
Comment from: Kate [Member] Email
Wow, I'm shocked that a health care provider would dare behave so poorly! Is this choice so uncommon/unpopular? I hope you find a doctor who treats his/her patients with more respect than this and is willing to listen to your needs.
05/05/08 @ 13:38
Comment from: Anne (printenna) [Visitor]
*hugs* I can't believe how insensitive the doctor was. Her attitude will be totally different if she had read up your medical files, which means she did not. I really think you will find a better doctor who will listen and supportive in alternative medicine.
06/05/08 @ 05:12
Comment from: Rosey [Visitor]
Oh Rebecca! I'm so sorry you had to go through all that! People in your/our position child-wise need more support and understanding, not less. It's not as though this is really our choice, is it? I totally agree with everyone - she should have read your files and she shouldn't have tried to force her opinions on you. Grr.

Still, chin up old thing. Chalk it up to experience and let's hope that the next doctor you try is THE ONE for you. {hugs}
19/05/08 @ 04:36