|« Colour me pleased||Drowning in a sea of avoids... »|
I just wanted to check in, say “hi”, and let you all know that I am still here!
I had my last day of work on Tuesday and I have spent the last couple of days taking it easy, trying to get over the cold I picked up last week. I am also in the process of adjusting to not heading to work every morning. I realized recently that I have been working (either part-time or full-time) since I was 15 years old! Needless to say, I am a little weirded out right now and will be for a little while at least, as I am also starting school, moving, and basically changing everything about my lifestyle and career path this month! Oy. I will write more when I have better collected my thoughts. For now, I think some comfort food is in order…
(OK for types O and A)
10-12 chicken breast strips
¾ cup kamut or rice flour
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
½ tsp freshly ground black pepper (optional)
½ tsp sea salt
¼ cup ghee
1) Break egg into bowl and whisk.
2) Mix raw chicken into egg in bowl.
3) Combine dry ingredients and sprinkle one layer on a plate.
4) Remove chicken from egg (one strip at a time) and coat with flour mixture on plate.
5) Repeat until all strips are coated.
6) Heat large pan to medium.
7) Add half of the ghee to the pan and melt.
8) Place chicken strips in pan and fry for about 2-3 minutes per side, adding more ghee as necessary.
9) Remove chicken strips from pan and place onto a bed of paper towel to absorb any excess ghee.
10) Use your favourite dip – mine is a salsa-like BBQ sauce!
No feedback yet
Comments are not allowed from anonymous visitors.