« Our International Community: The story of Yaman AkalinAlma Raffaghelli in Italy: Found out her secretor status, and it made all the difference in the world. »

Comment from: hailstorm [Visitor]
i wonder if your boy also showed improvements personality wise....calmer cries less just curious.
05/07/09 @ 02:52
Comment from: Kevin Lee [Visitor]
After reading this article I now understand why certain foods were not right for my diet such as cow milk, large servings of meat and eating alot at one sitting. All these days I thought it was just me not being able to digest certain foods efficiently. Eating vegetables ofcourse should benefit all blood types but it really benefitted me when I started juicing.
I've been somewhat a heavy drinker and as a result, drinking regularly drained my physical and mental energy. After juicing for about 2-3 weeks everyday I noticed that my body and mind was full of energy and was not getting so tired anymore. My whole family is type A and changing our diet brought more smiles and more productive lives.
My mother is 63 years old and was complaining all the time that her body was aching not lack of energy. I reallized that her blood was thickening and was not getting efficient blood circulation through her body. She too feels alot better physically and mentally after changing her diet.
09/05/09 @ 14:55
Comment from: kate [Visitor]
could it be that he just has lactose intolerance and by stop consuming cow's milk it helped? How about your whole family health since you all have the same blood type?
11/14/09 @ 23:53
Comment from: christine [Visitor]
I just recently started looking into this way-of-life, and am excited to get a copy of the book and start living a healthier life. I grew up on a dairy farm, so I know I will catch a lot of flack from my family, but can't wait to see results.
01/02/10 @ 18:00
Comment from: lissie [Visitor]
I only found out about this book and method of diet by blood type only yesterday - I am in my early 50s!! I'm an O, my son is A. After reading Jarod's mother's recap I could very much relate. At one year old the doctor told me to take him off soy milk and put him on whole milk. The first bottle he turned brilliant red, drew up in a knot and screamed for seemed like 30 minutes. Took me a while but had finally figured out he was allergic to milk/dairy. But nobody believed me. I watched my son have very similar issues for years, all the while suspecting he was allergic to foods, doctors telling me they didn't think so. I changed his diet when he was approximately age 7, after hearing Sam Heil the nutritionist. My son seemed to get better nearly instantly and rarely caught a cold or anything else. Prior to that it was something every other week or so. Poor kid, I'm just sorry it took me so long to learn of this information. I've sent this to everyone I know.
01/16/10 @ 14:08
Comment from: Karen [Visitor]
I have alot of problems eating I get sick every time I do and I heard about the diet from my dad who heard it on a radio show I even had a feeding tube once don't anymore and I just ordered the pocket book for blood type A mom and dad payed for it I should get it in a couple days I thought we couldn't have any meat til I read your story about fish and chicken and I love fish so that is good
01/22/10 @ 20:26
Comment from: Lori [Visitor]
I started my family on this way of life almost a year ago. The results have been wonderful. I have all 4 blood types to feed daily. The challenge has been great but very worth the effort. I too had a son that was a very sick baby. And have personally struggled for 20 plus years with sinus problems. Going on this diet has cleared many health problems and eleminated headaches and digestive difficulties, for the entire family.
04/08/10 @ 21:47
Comment from: SUJATA RAO [Visitor]
Great informative reading and a real eyeopener Will start implementing it straightaway and am convinced will have something positive to post sometime in the near future. Wish me luck.....
08/11/10 @ 09:39
Comment from: Suzette [Visitor]
Being raised on a farm with fresh dairy produce, eggs and meat may seem like heaven to some but it was disasterous for me. Unfortunately it took 40 years for me to discover the Blood group diet. Thank you Dr Peter D'Adamo. I am Type A and now live free of all the pain eating the wrong food caused. Another interesting discovery for me was that I seem to get on really well with all other Type A. Do a survey yourself and see.
09/01/10 @ 10:43
Comment from: Danny [Visitor]
Its great to hear about such a heart warming story. The fact that you guys stumbled across the blood type diet is amazing but i suppose not so surprising in this interconnected world we live in.

I wonder - was Jared fed breast or formula as a baby. I am just trying to put together and article that compares breast with formula and wondered if there could be a connection here.
09/23/10 @ 20:21
Comment from: cassandra [Visitor]
excuse me, that doesn't make sense. The blood type had nothing to do with him not being able to digest cow's milk. He was just lactose intolerant, and was probably sick because his stomach did not like what he was given.
01/04/11 @ 11:21
Comment from: sara [Visitor] Email
I have learned about this book a few months ago from my mother-in-law she and my husband both are type O, but I am type A. We have no clue what types our children are, but I do know they can not handle cow's milk either. Though for some reason lately I have been craving milk...IDK as to why. I do not like fish of any kind, but I can eat almost anyone under the table when it comes to chicken...It's like I can not get enough of it...I am not a big fan of red meat (especially since I have read the book) because I have noticed a big change in the way I feel since I have stopped eating it every once and a while I will eat it like in a homemade meatloaf. Other then that I do not eat it cause I can tell I do not have as much energy when I eat it as to when I do not...I just had to leave my thoughts...
01/17/11 @ 03:24
Comment from: Donna [Visitor]
I checked out your book, "Eat Right for Your Type", from our local library after a suggestion from a close friend. My husband and I had our food allergies tested a few years ago and I was amazed that the list of foods to avoid for my type A blood dealt with a lot of the foods I tested allergic to! There really is something to this!
04/12/11 @ 13:42
Comment from: Shelley [Visitor] Email
I am interested in learning more about this diet as well. Just turned 33 and it's like my digestive system has stopped all together. I don't think meat is good for me. Going to try the fruit, veggie and nut diet to see how my body reacts.
08/09/11 @ 09:09
Comment from: Darla [Visitor]
I have had a problem with my system for years. And not sure what the problem was. I remembered this book Eat Right For Your Blood Type. I got the book and started comparing and the foods I needed to get off of was the same foods the book said. I have done the diet for 5 days and I already see a difference in my system. I will continue this diet to see what more changes will come. I am a walker and love it. Have more energy now. Thanks
09/06/11 @ 12:03
Comment from: Sierra [Visitor]
I started the diet at age 21 and have had the most amazing results I could have imagined. Being 21 I figured that i would be a the prime of my life but I was always tired and cranky and completely disatisfided with my body. Im 5'6" and very lean/athletic but while my arms and legs looked great I had crazy swelling and bloating with constant irregular bowel movements so I knew something was wrong. I tried probiotics of all kinds. Tried diets, workout routines centered around abdomen slimming, thermogenics, everything I knew to be "affective". Then my grandmother had the book and I started my lifestyle change right away! Not even a full week into it I lost 2 inches in my waist from bloating and now a month into have become pesco-ovo-lacto-vegetarian (lacto for yogert and sour cream)and love every second of it. I am alive in the mornings and ready to sleep at night feeling well and balanced. I have now hooked one of my best friends who is a model. She eats super "healthy" but couldn't lose any weight and is going to have a positive outcome like myself along with my boyfriend who was a college athlete and now feels heathlier and getting more out of his workout then ever before. Thanks and BTD is great!!!
09/16/11 @ 15:40
Comment from: Paula [Visitor] Email
I have just read your book and it makes so much sense.I am blood group A I had severe food poisoning in February 2011 after I eat a bean cake that I suspect was made out of beans that where not washed properly and this side of the world i live in they spray insecticide. I was in hospital for three days. They told me I also have ulcer. After being discharched i read on the net what to eat when you have ulcer and followed the diet and was feeling better but then after i started eating everything in May I had a bout and i visited the doctor who put me on Nexium and Motillium for two weeks. after the medicationthe symptoms started again and I was given more and sent for an endoscopy which diagnosed me with gastrites with erosions and bile reflux as well as H Pylori bacteria. I was put on three courses of antibiotics plus Nexium 80mg daily and Motillium,tripotassium cidrato bismuthate for two weeks. After this I was given more proton pumps this time Pariet or Rabeprazole 20mg, Mottillium and Citotec for another 2 weeks. i am now on Pariet 20mg again and Antepsin. I feel a bit better when on medication but after I finish 2 or 3 days later the symptoms come back. According to your book Gastrites is caused by not enough stomach acid but I have been taking NEXIUM and RABEPRAZOLE to reduce acid in my stomach. I am confused.
10/13/11 @ 05:22
Comment from: Robby Smink [Visitor]
Found out about this book several years ago and I tell everyone with medical problems about it. It changed our lives.
It's too bad they don't teach this book in Med schools. When was the last time you went to a doctor with a complaint and he asked you about your diet? NEVER, and they should because many of the foods we eat are wrong for our blood types and the body is trying to tell you that with all your symptoms.
All they offer you is pills, surgery and MRI's etc when a simple change of diet is all that is required.
Of course Big Pharma can't make any money that way, so diet change is not even considered.
I became a total believer when after drinking two bottles of red wine one night I had no ill after effects, while after drinking beer I always paid the price especially as I got older.
For type A's Beer (wheat products and it's derivatives)is poison, while red wine is like a medicine for me, as DR, D'Adamo said,- highly beneficial.

Another convincer for me was that I notice that if I drink a glass of tomato juice (an avoid for type 'A') I'll get gout in my big toe within 5 minutes.

Keep telling your friends about this wonderful information. It makes total sense and it totally works.

Sincerely, Robby Smink
12/16/11 @ 16:42
Comment from: Debbie Coll [Visitor]
This blood type diet thing is very interesting. I saw a lot of m own symptoms in the type A description. I have a. Son with Autism and one of the first things we had to do was remo e cows milk. Why? Not so much that he was lactose intolerant but casein intolerant, the protein in milk which is difficult to break down. Contrary to popular belief processed milk is not good for us, but raw unprocessed Milk is, particularly from grass fed animals. That goes for meat as well. The reason half the population is gluten intolerant as well is that our bodies weren't made to digest most of the types of foods we are eating today and as we get older and expose our bodies to more of gluten, dairy etc it begins to become intolerant to these things and we get all those symptoms of feeling unwell etc. Another controversial thing is that I believe that the heavy vaccine schedule is damaging young children's immune systems and since about 80% of the immune system lines the gut, it is no surprise that there are all these colicky babies, food intolerances, allergies, asthma, excema, learning and speech delays etc. Our brains are influenced by what goes into our mouths and guts. It will be great when the whole medical world wakes up to this very sad and frightening truth.
01/14/12 @ 00:41