|« What's for lunch?||84 Swans and counting »|
I have been on the porcine thyroid product for about 3 weeks now and have been amazed at the changes:
1. Sleep is good, but I don't need 9 hours a night. I sleep around 7 hours and wake up feeling refreshed and rested. I used to sleep 9 hours with naps in the evening and would still feel exhausted.
2. Skin: dry areas have cleared up and bumps on back of arms are smooth. My cracked ugly heels are smoothing out even without the use of cream!!!
3. Digestion has improved. I used to take mega doses of vitamins and now I am down to normal amounts. When T3 doesn't get to the cellular level body temperature drops and enzymes don't work very well. Enzymes are used in digestion, so many of the nutrients my body required weren't being used properly, so I started using more to compensate.
4. Muscle Aches have disappeared. I love sports and exercising, but since I was a teenager, after exercising or going through a stressful time, my muscles would ache for days and I would need to lie in a hot bath to relieve the pain. I thought the pain was from all of the sports related injuries I had, but as I found out, it is a common symptom of hypothyroid. I no longer limp when I get out of bed in the morning and the chronic neck and shoulder tension has been about 95% relieved. No more golf elbow or throwing shoulder !!!!!
5. My Weight. As a child, I was always skinny until I turned 12 and went through puberty (estrogen sky rocketed) In one summer I put on 20 lbs and went from a AA cup to a C cup (age 14). Not only that, but every cycle I would put on 2-5 lbs and lose all but about 1/4 - 1/2 lb. I would exercise like crazy and literally eat about 900-1200 calories a day and then lose 1/4 lb in 2 weeks. Even with the blood type diet, I still had to be extremely careful in order not to put on copious amounts of weight. I could only eat 2 meals a day with no snacks and absolutely no wine of any sort. With the thyroid meds, I have lost 12 lbs in 3 weeks without even trying!!!! I still am controlled about my food and exercise, but I don't have to be fanatical.
I am losing the spare tire around my upper abdomen that mysteriously appeared after my appendix operation and my lean body weight is going up. In the past, when I would start to exercise with weights and cardio, my lean body weight would drop and my fat would go up, my coaches and trainers would think I was lying about what I ate because in theory this shouldn't happen.
6. My Cycle: I have experienced a 30 day cycle for the first time in my entire life!!!!!
I am so thrilled my 33 year search for answers to all my little symptoms is over finally, I have the energy to get on with everything I need to do now.
On a side note my Pfaff sewing machine I bought when I was 15 years old with my first paycheques finally died 1 month ago. This machine got me through design school and actually was used occasionally in my factory for 15 years. Most home machines don't work 8 hours per day 2-3 days per week for 30 years, so it served me well...I bought a brand new Pfaff and I have found a new love. I sewed a couple of shirts, finished some quilts and altered some pants over the past week. No threads have broken, no flying needles, perfect tension, I love sewing again!!!!
If anyone wants to buy a sewing machine, I would highly recommend anything by Pfaff!!!