|« the little big blog that could||a strange birthday weekend »|
That does it. It's Sept. 1st. I have been on the Master Cleanse for a full month now. All in all I have nothing astonishing to report. I can honestly say, after reading the book, "The Master Cleanser" by, Stanley Borroughs, that I expected something far more dramatic to happen... I dunno... Old scars opening up and disappearing, all skin blemishes to disappear, loss of all body fat, cleared sinuses... So far, the only thing that's actually changed is my body composition. I have virtually no body fat. Still a tiny bit here and there though... Perhaps it's just not for us type A's? What with all the cayenne pepper in the lemonade ("avoid") and senna (avoid for non-secretors, and a "neutral: allowed infrequently" in the cancer/diabetes books. Or perhaps it's the fact that I have been meddling with the formula since day 1? I have been drinking a TON of different herbal tea's every day. Even some green tea (caffeinated) in the beginning. Or... Maybe I haven't gone long enough yet? Perhaps due to the VERY unhealthy, slightly nihilistic, lifestyle I used to lead, I need more cleansing/time than others? Who knows? As with all questions regarding this type of stuff, there are a billion intrinsic cofactors one cannot possibly take in to account all at once... I dunno... Maybe ten more days and we'll call her quits. Forty days is a pretty well rounded fast I'd say... I know that I'll defiantly try this fast again. Next time I won't monkey with the formula. I'll also try and take care of some suspected chiropractic problems I'm having first. This, I suspect, is a MAJOR contributor to all of my ailments & inability to fully cleanse/heal.
Quit my job yesterday. Pretty crazy move. As of right now, I am unemployed. I have an interview tomorrow with a retail sales outlet where I would be based on commission. this opens up the opportunity for a lot more income... I hope. I also have an interview at a natural foods store in town here. It would really rock to work in a place like that, but I highly doubt I'll receive an offer for the hours/pay that I would need. Here's crossing my fingers. Wish me luck gang.
Taking care of a lot of computer stuff this morn. Listening to Radiohead: OK Computer, and burning lemon, clove bud, and patchoulli oil, all at the same time. Delightful combination. As soon as the room is fully saturated, I'll meditate for an hour in it.
Here are a few space age tips for you until next time:
1) ONLY use cast iron, stainless steel, lead free glass, un-glazed ceramic, stone, or earthenware pots and pans! Avoid copper, aluminum, Teflon, all adonized surfaces, lead, graphite, anything glazed, tin, nickel, etc.!
2) If the city water supply where you live is chlorinated. Drink filtered water, and, GET A SHOWER FILTER! They're not too spendy, and you needn't replace them often.
3) Get a juicer! Use it whenever you can!
4) Try and burn beeswax candles only! All other types release deadly soot/toxins into the air.
5) If you have a CRT (cathode ray tube) computer monitor, ditch it and buy an LCD! Cathode ray tubes that close to your face irradiate you with neutrino emissions, bad EMF's, etc. LCD's use 1/8 the electricity, have FAR lower emissions, and save space! As the great Paul Buckless would say, "They look a treat!" We miss you Paul!!!
Over and out Gang.