Archives for: January 2004, 03
Happy New Year!! This will be a new beginning for us here in BTD-land.
Instead of introducing myself, you can read the short bio in the About Linda section. I’m sure you will learn more as the days pass.
First of all, I need to let you all know that I am not perfect. I am a master at fooling myself into believing that a tweak here, and an adjustment there to my liking, is just as good as doing something correctly. My Pilates coach will probably be the first person to agree with me. She watches me closely for “cheat moves”. I have done the same sort of “cheat moves” with my diet over the past two years….but nobody has been watching.
I guess I’ll just start bang out with issues I need to take care of this next year. I think the common term for this is “New Year’s Resolutions”.
1. Recent blood tests show my cholesterol has risen from 202 to 248 over the past two years.
2. My glucose count rose from 99 to 113. (A1C is 5.2, so that’s okay.)
3. I have problems with portion control.
4. I need to quit that morning cup of coffee and go back to green tea.
5. I need more aerobic exercise.
6. My blood pressure is too high.
7. I have eight more pounds to lose to get to “wedding weight”.
Okay, that’s enough.
Thanks for reading and watching. I think it will be a challenge knowing others are viewing my struggles as I try to get back on track. I know it can be done.