|« Feathered Game for Type A||Grains & Weight Loss & Type O - Secretor »|
First, the bad news: I know of no commercial frozen yogurt that does not contain corn sweeteners and/or lectin-accelerating gums and/or milk from cattle raised with growth hormones and antibiotics. Most of the frozen desserts on the market have one baddie or another. Perhaps some of you type ABs and Bs out there will write in with brand suggestions, including the ingredient list? I’ll post them here if they meet your exacting standards!
Now, the better news: perhaps I could interest you in a great web page with simple recipes for fabulous summer desserts? With nothing more than a freezer and an electric mixer, you can make your own organic goodies, including frozen yogurt, sorbet, mousses, sherbet, Italian ices, even a full-blown ice cream sundae. Doesn’t take long, tastes wonderful, and you’ll know exactly what’s in it.
Here are a couple of tips:
· Substitute pineapple juice with a touch of lemon where orange juice is called for.
· Ripe plantains are nearly identical in taste and texture to bananas, and they’re Neutrals for you.
· Use some vegetable glycerine in place of sugar or honey (which is fine for AB secretors, but not for nons). It has a beneficial effect on blood sugar, and helps create the creaminess accomplished by gums in commercial frozen yogurt and ice cream. You can find it in health food stores, usually in the cosmetics section.
· Yogurt can be added to most of these recipes... and using the yard-long fruit list from Live Right 4 Your Type, you can dream up all kinds of things. You might freeze the yogurt first, and make a fresh, cold sauce of your favorite fruit to top it with.
· You can even go wild and use a dollop of cream cheese (you people have me licking my chops here) in place of the heavy cream in some recipes. Ain't it nice to be AB?
There are recipes for frozen confections made from rice, almond or soy milk scattered here and there in the Message Board Archives and in RECIbase® ~ use the search term “ice,” you’ll find ‘em! Some require little more than a blender and an appetite. Enjoy!