Archives for: May 2004, 29
I still fume when I hear criticisms about the diet, they don’t use science in the picture, they just use catch phrases like “Choosing a diet based on blood type is as effective as choosing it based on your astrological sign” and the same catch phrase recirculated in the press over and over and over like a one hit wonder.
Ask my cells what my sign is, they can’t tell you, IMO. Ask them my blood type, they’ll shout it loud and clear. Hey, I'm intelligent, I know what I'm doing, I know nutrition, I know genetics and biochemistry (studied biotechnology in college), I’m not easily swayed by trends or the press…I can tell science from hype. I’ve never fallen for any common scam, I don’t buy from door-to-door salesmen or give information to telemarketers, etc. etc.
Ok, so I did buy into the food pyramid. I was even a vegetarian for a year as a teenager (oops! Wrecked my thyroid, bad news for an O adolescent girl!). I’ve tried all kinds of mainstream advice, and it didn’t work. Not for me. Period. You can’t take statistics and apply them to 100% of everyone. So one diet works for 30% of the population, or an average weight loss from a diet or a pill is 8 lbs.; that’s considered a statistical success, print it in the papers then, but what about the other 70%, what about those who brought down the average? Cookie cutter approaches and statistics just don’t work for everyone. Until the press and the powers that be understand that, they will continue to waffle between low-carb, low-fat, sugar-free, this and that, because they aren’t looking for the RIGHT answer. Statistics do nothing for that one person in 50 million that does get hit by a meteor, it’s just playing with numbers, and I’m not just a number.
I figure it’s time to stoop to the level of the press and those who push other diets on people. I’m only half sarcastic here. This diet really helps people, and I want to publicize it.
Marketing Ideas: T-shirts and bumper stickers
“Body by D’Adamo” - muscle shirts
“Healthy Product of 100 Years of Blood Type Science”
T-shirts that tell how much weight you’ve lost in 10 lbs increments: “It works! I lost 20 pounds with Eat Right 4 Your Type. But the best part is… I feel great!”
“Lean, efficient, Antibiotic-Free, Chemical-Free, Free-Range O…ask me about the Blood Type Plan” and similar phrases for each type.
Any other ideas out there? Let's get brainstorming!